Quick Question
Create Post

Thread: Quick Question

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Quick Question

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea what the chances of a waiver for 2 DUI's being passed. I scored a 93 on my ASVAB and passed the physical with flying colors the waiver is the only thing holding me up. I asked my recruiter and he said he was unsure because I am his first waiver.

Thank you for your time

I have a friend that has much worse on his record than two DUI charges... He had to get more waivers than you could find in a whole platoon on Parris Island. However, he got the waivers and is one of the most squared away Marines I know.

It all depends on how hard you are willing to work to get those waivers and how hard you can push your recruiter to help you. You might have to write a letter or something like that. Two DUI charges shouldn't be too difficult.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your recruiter maybe new to the field if you are his first waiver.

You should be able to get a waiver as long as you have no other past legal history and all the charges/fines etc. are over with.

However I have a question for you....your profile says that you are 20 YO.

When you were charged with DUI were you also charged with possession as a minor and underage drinking?

If this is the case....ALL charges regardless of status...(thrown out/reduced) must be waived.

Provide documentation to the recruiter and have him apply for the waivers.

This is just advice...the final say is up to MEPS and just because one poolee was waived...does not mean that you will be.

As a caution....the Marine Corps has 0 tolerance for alcohol/drug related incidents. So if you have a problem you need to fix it before you go on your enlistment venture!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all yalls input. I have squared away the problem and have been to meps so I am now just waiting on the waiver. Also I was only charged with DUI. In TX DUI is what they give any minor with any detectable amount while operating a vehicle, it is a class c misdamenor.

You may be smart, but you have really bad judgement! If your DI's can't fix that, then I don't want you in my beloved Corps! You will get Marines killed.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information