German Memorabilia
Create Post

German Memorabilia

Uncle left these items when he cashed in last December and other than the photos three of which say Goering 22 V. and one that says Goering 22 V. and Albatross D-5, I have no good refferences as to what the pin, (maybe gold plated but not solid) patch and medallions represent. The bracelet appears to be copper and suggests the obvious, but maybe more...

Anybody?

--->Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 003.jpg‎
Views:	195
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	7519   Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 005.jpg‎
Views:	156
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	7520   Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 006.jpg‎
Views:	150
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	7521  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 007.jpg‎
Views:	156
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	7522  

Goering 22V is mostly likely a reference to Goering's 22 confirmed aerial kills (Victories) while he was serving with Jagdgeschwader 1 during World War I. The "D5" refers to one of the types of aircraft that he flew--the Albatross D-V (5).

The center photo is a WW-II era United States Honorable Discharge lapel button. These were commonly referred to as the "Ruptured Duck."

Sorry about the other items. Nothing else looks familiar.

The photo above the one marked "Albatross D-5" may be a photo of Goering and Richthofen (the Red Baron)--they flew in the same Jasta. Unfortunately, the photo is too small for me to clearly make out the faces.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That is still the patch worn by the german polezei (german police) today. It is not a military insignia as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    That is still the patch worn by the german polezei (german police) today. It is not a military insignia as far as I know.
    That's what I was thinking too. Does not have the flavor of a patch from the NSDAP (Nazi) era. If it is from before WW-II, perhaps it is from the Weimar Republic era?

Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    may be a photo of Goering and Richthofen (the Red Baron)--they flew in the same Jasta. Unfortunately, the photo is too small for me to clearly make out the faces.
    That would be a nice little trade nugget!

This is the only photo with two individuals and comparing faces with The Red Baron and Goering, both men resemble the driver more than the passenger, a senior officer i suppose?

Hell, neither of them matches the driver as much as Bulkyker does heheha
    Thanks
    ~Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 014.jpg‎
Views:	147
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	7523   Click image for larger version

Name:	GermanGoering 011.jpg‎
Views:	153
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	7524  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Crap .... I'm Irish .. maybe a krout was hiding in the wood pile ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The driver is definitely Goering. As for the other man, it does look to be Richthofen.

GOERING

RICHTHOFEN

Ok well this is the word i got from a German collector on those photos:

Dave,
    Second generation photos are worth very little. After they have been made from an original you really don't know if they are second generation or 122nd generation. I used to buy photos from the Imperial War Museum in England that were made from the original plates and they were selling them in the 90's (and I am sure they still are selling them). They might be worth a few bucks but they are not something that I can use. The man in the car is absolutely not MvR. It could be Bodenschotz the adjutant of Jasta 11 or as a long shot it could be Manfred's brother Lothar. The photo is most likely during the time when Goering was the commander of JG 1 which would have been June/July through the end of the war. Regards, Rittmeister

Thread Information