Can I wear my cammies for Recruiter Duty?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    Can I wear my cammies for Recruiter Duty?

    Hey guys, new to the forum.

    I tried googling this question and came up on nothing specific.
    Well, im actually a corpsman but I've been stationed with the Marines for my entire enlistment and ill be going back home for TAD recruiter duty (we call it HARP) and well, i was wondering if i would be allowed to wear my Cammies to work. Its been a while since ive been in a Navy Working uniform, and since then, the uniforms have changed and i dont currently own any sets of the new ones. It would be a hassle to go out and buy new sets just for the sake of two weeks of recruiter duty, only to come back to my command, stuff my expensively purchased brand new working uniforms down at the bottom of my sea bag never to see them again, and go right back into my cammies with my marines.

    Was wondering if there were any regulations on this? I know of Marine recruiters occasionally going to schools and/or events in cammies. And is it in the norm for a Marine recruiter to go into the office in cammie? Also, the Navy recruiting office i will be working out of, is right next door to a Marine Corps Recruiting office, how are they going to view this haha, im not trying to get lit up while on "semi-vacation"? Thanks for any input


    Doc.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoc415 View Post

    Was wondering if there were any regulations on this?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoc415 View Post

    I know of Marine recruiters occasionally going to schools and/or events in cammies. And is it in the norm for a Marine recruiter to go into the office in cammie?
    No.


  3. #3
    Fill out your profile please Doc.


  4. #4
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,708
    Credits
    3,496
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    Why would you want to wear cammies in a Recruiting office? Cammies not really a good recruiting tool. We usually don't wear cammies off base (or at least 24 years ago we didn't) unless coming to and from the base from home. If you need a gallon of milk or loaf of bread, you better not be seen in the grocery store in cammies either.


  5. #5
    Marine Free Member Quinbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    4,070
    Credits
    14,711
    Savings
    0
    Images
    37
    Since you are in the Navy you should be asking the Navy what is their policy on this. I'm pretty sure the Marines do not allow it though.

    Fix your profile!


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Since you are in the Navy you should be asking the Navy what is their policy on this. I'm pretty sure the Marines do not allow it though.

    Fix your profile!
    Yeppers


  7. #7
    Marine Free Member DocGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Port Richey
    Posts
    2,365
    Credits
    12,038
    Savings
    0
    DOC 415....If you are still in the NAVY, there's only a few times that you are allowed to dress like a "WOODSMAN"!! NOT....AT A RECRUITING STATION! DRESS WHITES, OR DRESS BLUES.....to impress the new "suckers"!! The ranking Squid, at the station, WILL brief you, on the appropriate "DRESS", to wear, and when!! OH, BOY!! SPIT SHINED SHOES, AND REALLY WHITE, UNDERSHIRTS, AND COVERS!!!! HEY! Like I said......PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!!!.....DOC


  8. #8
    Marines do not wear their cammies off base except in the field. The only exception to this is coming home from a deployment when you have no civvies or dress uniforms.

    We're not the nasty Army! Our recruiters wear Dress Blue Deltas. I would hope our Navy brethren would scoff at you even asking to wear your cammies on recruiting duty.


  9. #9
    I can remember in 1956 I was on I&I Duty and we had a Corpsman on the staff that was overweight and looked terrible in the Marine uniform. The I&I, a Major told him that he had to wear the squid uniform and that is what he wore at all times.


  10. #10
    When I was working with the Corpsman in Parris Island, they said they had to adhere to our uniform reg's when wearing the Woodlands/Desert Digi's, so I'd assume you can't wear them to recruiting, since we are not allowed off-base with them on unless your in a POV driving home/base.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Marines do not wear their cammies off base except in the field. The only exception to this is coming home from a deployment when you have no civvies or dress uniforms.

    We're not the nasty Army! Our recruiters wear Dress Blue Deltas. I would hope our Navy brethren would scoff at you even asking to wear your cammies on recruiting duty.
    Marine recruiters can be authorized to wear the utility uniform while actively recruiting.
    It's not something the individual decides, it has to be approved by the command.

    Marines are authorized to wear cammies off base in two instances that I know of:
    1) stopping for gas
    2) picking a child up from daycare


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Marine recruiters can be authorized to wear the utility uniform while actively recruiting.
    It's not something the individual decides, it has to be approved by the command.

    Marines are authorized to wear cammies off base in two instances that I know of:
    1) stopping for gas
    2) picking a child up from daycare
    Can't stop for gas anymore. Probably not at a daycare, either. Inconvenient but true since July 2007. ALMAR 035/07


  13. #13
    Cammies are for Kicking A$$ and Deltas are for getting A$$ LOL!!! Why would you want to wear cammines, I would rather wear my Deltas and look good so people will say WOW look at that Marine, not look at that soilder!!!


  14. #14
    Marine Free Member TJR1070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    771
    Credits
    4,691
    Savings
    0
    I would think Doc Greek is right, you will probably be required to wear your Navy dress uniform at all times while recruiting. I'm not sure but I doubt the Navy recruiters would want you wearing Alphas either while you are assigned to them, it might make your potential recruits walk across the hall. Semper Fi Doc, thanks for taking care of our Brothers!!


  15. #15
    Marine Free Member DocGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Port Richey
    Posts
    2,365
    Credits
    12,038
    Savings
    0
    ANSWER...Want the Marine recruiters to STOMP your BUTT?? Buy them a drink, and make "nice-nice"!! Best of luck...the Navy NEEDS more CORPSMEN....ALWAYS!!.....DOC


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts