Can you graduate bootcamp as a Lance Corporal?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can you graduate bootcamp as a Lance Corporal?

I would like to know if you can leave bootcamp as a Lance Corporal and if so how?

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Vasquez View Post
    I would like to know if you can leave bootcamp as a Lance Corporal and if so how?
    Read the stickies; use the search feature, this has been covered as recently as last week.

If you happen to be in 3rd BN I Co your chances are slim. Our company honor grad was a contract PFC and still didn't get LCpl

If you graduate boot camp lance corporal, I'm sorry...

Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted LCPL out of boot. You will be looked down on as a useless boot when you get to the Fleet, and will be treated just like a PFC. No one likes boot Lances, at least when their company expects them to take charge of Marines, like mine does.

By the time I got to the FMF I was already a LCpl (contract PFC and 7 months in Motor-T School), no one looked down on me because of that. Hell there were a handfull of us that left Camp Johnson with our "crossed rifles"

Thanks for the replies.

It was something that I just wanted to know because I thought the highest rank that you can graduate from bootcamp was PFC.

Technically, yes you can. It is usually only given to those recruits who were contracted PFC. You won't see someone getting two meritorious promotions in boot camp.

It is extremely rare, though. I know my Senior, for example, refused to give E-3 to a grunt. His reasoning is that in many times in the infantry, LCPLs are fireteam leaders, and he didn't want a boot LCPL leading Marines in combat. That was just his reasoning.

Out of two companies graduating on my graduation day (Bravo co, mine, and November co, our sisters), there was only one LCPL. She was a contract PFC, and was company high shooter AND company high PFT for November company. She pretty well deserved it.

hey gunny, same as me... I was the only Lance other than a wing retread....

I never marched in formation, it was nice.

and I didn't really get messed with in FMF... they tried telling me to find a can of beep and I called them retarded and walked away. No-one joked with me for a long time after that... probably not a good thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    hey gunny, same as me... I was the only Lance other than a wing retread....

I never marched in formation, it was nice.

and I didn't really get messed with in FMF... they tried telling me to find a can of beep and I called them retarded and walked away. No-one joked with me for a long time after that... probably not a good thing I guess.
    Now that's funny...lol. Kind of like looking for 50 yds. of flight line or some blinker fluid for the HMMWV. While you're at it, look for the keys too!

Credits
    Savings
    The guide for my platoon picked up LCpl out of boot. He was a good guy. I ended up seeing him again in South Korea of all places at the DMZ. He's intel found out he was stationed on Oki too. Funny thing though, I'll be picking up Cpl before he will haha and I graduated a Pvt. It's all about how you apply yourself.

Boot camp doesn't define how do you do in the Corps, I don't know why poolees think it does.

I was a squad leader...umm...no one gives a **** lol

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Boot camp doesn't define how do you do in the Corps
    This is true. You can be a complete turd in boot, but you might see the light later. The other way around is true, too.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Boot camp doesn't define how do you do in the Corps, I don't know why poolees think it does.

I was a squad leader...umm...no one gives a **** lol
    I was the Big Gear (whiskey locker) recruit. I deserved a NAM for all the Lysol and Brasso I handed out haha!

I got out of boot with an XGI, he graduated as an E4.

Thread Information