General Orders quiz - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    like I said before, it should never be in a can, it can get knocked over and make a mess.... if you put it in a bottle it should have tape around it so no one gets it confused with something they should drink.

The policy is posted and opinions are formed daily concerning this issue. I have seen many Marines start drinking, smoking and chewing/dipping not to long after joining the Corps. A lot of people start because of thier peer's. Peer presure can be a b!tch sometimes when a young kid is trying to fit in.

Not only the peer pressure, Gunny, but I think plain old stress and boredom are a big factor too. One of my good buddies started smoking one day, six months ago, just because he was bored and had nothing to do when the NCOs gave us smoke breaks. So he borrowed a cigarrette. He swore at first that it did nothing for him, and he even didn't like it. Now he refuses to stop, says he enjoys it. It started with boredom, and turned into an addiction that he thinks he likes.

Credits
    Savings
    I've been dippin for quite some time and every single person I talk to says that grunts dip like crazy for the most part! They say you get bored, as mentioned and it definetly relieves stress.

The CO of the RSS's in Florida was dippin right in the middle of our interviews after IST. I pulled out my can and shared a dip with him. It was a "bonding" experience. Gave me his card and said if I have any problems getting my MOS or my bonus papers, to give him a call. Nice guy.

Funny story real quick...i was at a bar one time and I had an empty beer bottle spitter...well, after about 8 or 9 beers and a Green Bay loss, I was ****ed. Went to knock back the rest of my beer to leave and grabbed the wrong one...kinda sucked hehe

Anyways, I'm headed for the grunt so hopefully dipping won't be a problem. I did hear though that you get ragged on if you're dippin anything but Cope straight or Skoal straight...none of that sissy flavor crap

It does not matter who dips and who doesn't, it is a nasty habit and none of you should be doing it. There are other ways to relieve stress such as PTing, at least with PT it helps your body not hurt it in the long run. Why do something that you will regret later down the road? It's just stupid. Don't blame it on peer pressure either, I am telling you right now that sh!t is bad for you and has no place in my beloved Corps!

PS If you are plain bored, go PT!

sweet i got a 15/15

9/15 i suck...i havent done these in 10 years though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had a chance to see General Gray speak a couple times. He would say something to the effect that he didn't want a formation but a school circle and those in the front take a knee etc. One of the first things he would say was who has some copenhagen? 50 cans would be offered to him in a heartbeat. I'm not saying that it is good or bad but our commandant chewed copenhagen. Who ever can he took a dip from got a coin.

Commdog you are right it is a nasty habit and if you don't do it don't start. The only time I've gone more than a day without a chew in the last 30 years was boot camp. I get my ass chewed every time I go to the dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    If I can do it, they can too. Oh, and yes, I have mentioned it to a number of higher ups. We don't need tabacco in the Corps, that sh!t is just nasty. Marines are about higher standards and self-improvement! Every time you take in tabacco, a part of you dies. I don't know about you, but I'd rather die honorably serving my country on the battlefield than die in a hospital from some form cancer because I smoked/dipped/chewed. Rah?

Semper Fidelis
    Very well put Marine, I totally agree.

When I was on the island my Drill Instructor (Sgt.Davis) dipped Copenhagen in the squadbay.

Credits
    Savings
    3 months without a dip is gonna suck...

and commdog, i plan on quitting when i get out of the corps...i figure if i survive 4-8 years as a grunt, then i'm going to stop everything that could shorten my life

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    3 months without a dip is gonna suck...

and commdog, i plan on quitting when i get out of the corps...i figure if i survive 4-8 years as a grunt, then i'm going to stop everything that could shorten my life
    Hahah sorry man, but I don't believe you are gonna quit after four years as a grunt. If anything, you will dip more because of the stress. And the fact that grunts spend a lot of their time in the field, and Marines are usually allowed to dip in the field, well... Good luck...

Hey, usmcpooleepfd, what happened to your profile? Didn't you have one which was much more complete yesterday? And I can't send you any messages now, so I guess that's it for our conversation about MOS's and such?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Hahah sorry man, but I don't believe you are gonna quit after four years as a grunt. If anything, you will dip more because of the stress. And the fact that grunts spend a lot of their time in the field, and Marines are usually allowed to dip in the field, well... Good luck...
    I could quit now if I really wanted to but I enjoy it...life's short. do what you like, right? i love to dip

wasn't this thread about the general orders? now it's about dipping....

what's your 8th general order?

Thread Information