Changing MOS while at SOI..possible?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Changing MOS while at SOI..possible?

Im currently at ITB..I dont want to be 0300..is it possible to change my MOS while at SOI?

Credits
    Savings

Wtf Marine

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogUSMC View Post
    Im currently at ITB..I dont want to be 0300..is it possible to change my MOS while at SOI?

SITFU and Lat Move later. Seriously-did you think it would be fun all the time? I have to be nice to poolees but honestly, man up and fulfill the contract you signed. Good luck and Semper Fi.

Suck it the **** up. Everyone hates life at SOI. I didn't want to be an 03 Grunt when I first got there. Talk to you NCO's. I'll never forget the talk me and my C.I. Sgt. Clinton had together. Squared my ass away.

If anything else. Become a 0341, they don't ****!!!

I don't think it's possible, unless maybe you had a super high GT score and the Intel MOS' were hurting...other than that, I think you're pretty much committed to the 0300 field.

Welcome to the suck!

I know where this is going.
    It can happen, but most likely it will not.

Talk to your instructors.

Whatever happens, don't go UA, claim to be suicidal, or hurt yourself.
    The life gets better.

Think of all the Poolees on here who refuse to sign unless they're guaranteed 03XX!!.......Hang in there Marine, things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Think of all the Poolees on here who refuse to sign unless they're guaranteed 03XX!!.......Hang in there Marine, things will get better.
    HAHAHA! SO TRUE!

Think about all the poolees in general who are so motivated to join and then end up going UA.

Devil Dog, things WILL get better. But at first they will only get worse and you will only get hazed and life will suck more and more until you're at you're 3~ year mark then it won't be as bad. Enjoy it!

Every 03 questions what the got themselves into at one point, even if very brief.
    I did.
    It is not an easy life, but it is rewarding.
    Don't quit now when you haven't even tasted the best part of what it means to be a warrior.

Wow. I know ITB must suck for y'all, but seriously. You are training to be one of the most elite warriors in the world. If I could trade my spot for the 03 field, I would...

Well..my current MOS is Security Forces..but what if I wanted something else like MP or motor transport??

would it be possible??

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    But at first they will only get worse and you will only get hazed and life will suck more and more until you're at you're 3~ year mark then it won't be as bad. Enjoy it!
    I think you just talked him down from the roof!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well..my current MOS is Security Forces..but what if I wanted something else like MP or motor transport??

would it be possible??
    I started as motor transport and HATED it. But I played the hand I was given until I could move to military police (which was actually a fortunate happenstance that I took advantage of, not an intentional campaign on my part). Never lost the Motor-T primary MOS and had to continually deal with being the unit Motor-T NCO, but I kept slugging.

But, looking back, had I not been in Motor-T, I probably wouldn't have had many of the positive experiences I had in the Marine Corps. Things happen for a reason.

Suck it up and drive on. See where the adventure takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I think you just talked him down from the roof!
    Do u think it could happen corporal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I started as motor transport and HATED it. But I played the hand I was given until I could move to military police (which was actually a fortunate happenstance that I took advantage of, not an intentional campaign on my part). Never lost the Motor-T primary MOS and had to continually deal with being the unit Motor-T NCO, but I kept slugging.

But, looking back, had I not been in Motor-T, I probably wouldn't have had many of the positive experiences I had in the Marine Corps. Things happen for a reason.

Suck it up and drive on. See where the adventure takes you.
    So im pretty much stuck with Security forces?

Thread Information