Thread: I Made It

Congratulations Marine !!!!!!

We are Proud of You!!!Well Done!!!!

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good job Marine, congratulations Semper Fi.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Marine! Keep up the good work,and push for L/CPL!! Semper-Fi!!

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Since it's such a popular question, here's the answer: they have a cyber cafe in the bowling alley next to The Locker Room. I made time to jump online real quick.
    Boot camp was intense...I'll go into greater detail in a few days when I've got more time, but for the poolees who are wondering, it's both more and less difficult than you're imagining. Words can't adequetly explain the variety of feelings I went through during the entire thirteen weeks.There were times when I couldn't believe the days were going by so quickly and others when I thought they'd never end. I considered making every excuse in the book to get out of it. The thing I did differently than some others in my platoon is that I never used any of those excuses. It's all about sucking it up and moving on. I'll tell you, though, the emblem ceremony and the final "Platoon 2079, Dismissed!" from the SDI made everything worth it.
    Thank you all for your congratulations. I'm proud to be one of you and promise to keep the traditions alive. And I will take care of the poolees and the wannabes soon...

Credits
    Savings
    By the way, JChristin, to answer your question: I want to be the best Marine I can be. I want to be an integral part of the team, to add my strengths to the rest. To follow when I need to follow, and lead when I need to lead. To remember Honor, Courage, and Commitment. My life now belongs to the Corps and I will give the Corps everything I've got. I don't want to be a ripple, I want to be a wave.

Originally posted by ktriplett
    I want to be the best Marine I can be. I want to be an integral part of the team, to add my strengths to the rest. To follow when I need to follow, and lead when I need to lead. To remember Honor, Courage, and Commitment. My life now belongs to the Corps and I will give the Corps everything I've got. I don't want to be a ripple, I want to be a wave.
    THAT'S MOTIVATIN'!

Congratulations, Marine.

So Where Is Our Boot Camp Pic Marine !!!!!!

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member gigagrunt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations Devil Dog...... good job!

Credits
    Savings
    The boot camp pic will be up as soon as I get one scanned in and online. I've got to get up to my PC at my house up north to do that, and it won't be for another few days.

Thanks, We will be waiting for it.......

Sempers,

Roger

Just want to add my congraulations to all the others. As they say, you are now one of "THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES". OFS, and go get um. Semper Fi brother!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats! I still have to wait at least a year before I can go though. The recruiters are coming over sometime this next week or the week after to get my signed up for DEP. I'm going to go NBC. Sounds like a good job for me where I can look out for people and teach them. That, and I'm sure I'll be needed sooner or later if you catch my drift. 1 more year of high school and I'll be on my way to join the rest of you Marines!

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    ktriplett,

Welcome Marine!

Now you understand something, because you lived it, that no one is able to adequately express. But WE understand it, because we have lived/shared it.

As a Recruiter, my "boots" came home to share their experiences with the poolees and wannabees. At their "get togethers" in my office I only interviened when the stories got too far out of hand. i.e. a ten mile run before breakfast.

I knew they were trying to quantify their pain, frustration, and accomplishments in terms a "never was" could understand.

How can you explain to someone the charge you received because a Drill Instructor nodded, smiled, or said "Now you got it."?

The common answer would be "Huh?"

I learned how to make money from what I learned in boot camp.

Bar talk:

"Mr. Stud, I've got a child's jump rope here. And $100 that says you can't jump for four minutes without quitting or tripping over your fat feet."

OR

"Mr. Stud. I've got $100 that says you cannot hold this glass ashtray horizontally to your shoulders for four minutes.

I've never lost a bet. Because the suckers thought how easy it was.

I, as you, learned how painful these "tricks" were in boot camp.

There are some things you can never explain. Don't try. Just take their money.

(Fortunately, I was never asked if I could do it. NO, but I experienced the pain that no one else but a Marine would remember and understand.)

Welcome Marine, and Semper Fi

Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Great Job my name KTriplet.....i must say Echo Co is the best.....2081 Follow Series kicks ass....sorry to say this but lead seriers sux...hahahaha jk....were all hard corps lean machines.....can i get a good job as well? hahaha

laters...
    PFC Coy

Credits
    Savings
    ha! Lead series whooped follow series, what are you talking about?
    anyway, congratulations to you too. I was looking for you on Tuesday, but didn't see you. I have to get some info from you.

Thread Information