Other services calling??
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Other services calling??

Feel free to delete this I know it doesn't technically belong here but I cannot ask anywhere else.
    I requested Marine info and when I wasnt here a few days ago some Marines stopped by my house and dropped off info. My dad gave them my cell number.

They haven't called back yet but today I got a call from the Army recruiters office??? Do they just pass around numbers like that? Sorry if noone finds this to be an appropriate question but I was just wondering because it is kind of odd and surprised me because I never gave out info or requested it from the Army since I am not at all interested in the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarec View Post
    Feel free to delete this I know it doesn't technically belong here but I cannot ask anywhere else.
    I requested Marine info and when I wasnt here a few days ago some Marines stopped by my house and dropped off info. My dad gave them my cell number.

They haven't called back yet but today I got a call from the Army recruiters office??? Do they just pass around numbers like that? Sorry if noone finds this to be an appropriate question but I was just wondering because it is kind of odd and surprised me because I never gave out info or requested it from the Army since I am not at all interested in the Army.
    If you requested information via *************, then every branch got your info... We don't pass around info, unless you request for us to do so... If you didn't request info via *************, then it's just coincidence... Depending on what your Dad provided the Marine Corps Recruiters as far as info about your education status, the Marine Corps may not have you down on their callback list... If you desire to pursue the Marine Corps, you may actually have to do it...

Dang... It blanked out a website... There is a website with MILITARY and .com out there, that if you log into, submit a request to, will disseminate your info to all branches...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GyC View Post
    If you requested information via *************, then every branch got your info... We don't pass around info, unless you request for us to do so... If you didn't request info via *************, then it's just coincidence... Depending on what your Dad provided the Marine Corps Recruiters as far as info about your education status, the Marine Corps may not have you down on their callback list... If you desire to pursue the Marine Corps, you may actually have to do it...
    I requested info on the Marine Corps website. They dropped off a aviation packet and the business/recruiters card with all the phone numbers for the office and Sgt on it.
    It would be a weird coincidence but I just don't see how they would suddenly get my number or information.
    Call me stupid but I dont follow you. I thought you meant *** as fill in the blank but you then used it as a noun.
    They aren't on the same block or whatever it is called. The Navy,Army, coastguard and everything is in town but the closest Marine Corp office is about 2-3 hours away.

I requested info on the Marine Corps website. They dropped off a aviation packet and the business/recruiters card with all the phone numbers for the office and Sgt on it.
    It would be a weird coincidence but I just don't see how they would suddenly get my number or information.
    Call me stupid but I dont follow you. I thought you meant *** as fill in the blank but you then used it as a noun.
    They aren't on the same block or whatever it is called. The Navy,Army, coastguard and everything is in town but the closest Marine Corp office is about 2-3 hours away.
    You should feel priveleged to have a Coast Guard office that close... I have never in 8 years of Recruiting, seen a Coast Guard Recruiter... Again, we don't pass info around, Recruiting is a competitve sport...

Credits
    Savings
    You should feel priveleged to have a Coast Guard office that close... I have never in 8 years of Recruiting, seen a Coast Guard Recruiter... Again, we don't pass info around, Recruiting is a competitive sport...
    hm..I guess its just a weird coincidence then. Yes, well being the Florida Keys the Coast Guard are all over down here and work closely with the Navy and HLS. Lots of drug trafficking and illegals... So yes they are a big part of the services in this Area. Unfortunately when I go to sign up for the Marines I gotta spend 3 hours each way lol.

The best doesnt always come easy.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    The best doesnt always come easy.
    Lol it kind of symbolizes that it is more Difficult to be in the Marines, not only boot camp but right away it takes more!

Recruiters have a list of all HS Seniors and grads with their phone numbers on it, at least the Marine Corps offices do, I wouldn't doubt the other services have it too. They just go down the list and call everyone from A-Z.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    Recruiters have a list of all HS Seniors and grads with their phone numbers on it, at least the Marine Corps offices do, I wouldn't doubt the other services have it too. They just go down the list and call everyone from A-Z.
    I know that, and I have had a few call before but it has always been my house phone. I don't think my cell phone is available to anyone nor is the information on what my age is. So I thought it was kind of odd that only a few days after I gave the Marines my Cell number the Army got it. And thats what I was wondering about.
    I know they all call lol, I have had the Army and National Guard call multiple times.
    Anyone know why the Army and Marines give out Shirts, Stickers, Flags, watches and stuff and the National Guard gives out like....go green stuff?

a friend who may be thinking about the Army or Joined them may have giving your number to them

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    a friend who may be thinking about the Army or Joined them may have giving your number to them
    eh maybe. Either way it doesn't matter because I don't feel bothered or pressured by them at all. When they ask I simply say "I am joining the Marines". Its like asking a guy who is signing the papers to a new Zo6 Vette if he wants to buy a mustang instead...the answer is just gonna be an easy no.

eh maybe. Either way it doesn't matter because I don't feel bothered or pressured by them at all. When they ask I simply say "I am joining the Marines". Its like asking a guy who is signing the papers to a new Zo6 Vette if he wants to buy a mustang instead...the answer is just gonna be an easy no.
    I liken the Army to a YUGO, when comparing them to the Corps... ERRR...

Credits
    Savings
    LOL

had a friend who had a yugo he needed a window crank went to the auto store told the salesman he needed a window crank for a yugo the guy told him sounds like a fair trade

Thread Information