Sad but true, I am Colorblind... - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    and I doubt it was Marines in cammies... I spotted one on my way to Lejuene for my MOS school.... he forgot to pack civies since he was deploying... he was fat and nasty too... yet another reason we aren't allowed to wear cammies while traveling.
    SSgt, I strongly believe it was a Marine, he was chatting with the soldiers and was wearing Desert MARPAT cammies

he's a turd, I don't care what rank... he's a nasty turd.

SSgt, does the Corps even allow the wearing of the uniform in public like that? I live near DM-AFB, and I have seen many airmen riding motorcycles or going to stores and such wearing cammies, which I find incredibly unprofessional.

You are allowed to wear the service uniform in public, but not the cammies. Maybe that "Marine" in the airport was actually a Navy Corpsmen... some of them give Marines a bad name!

Note: I said some, not all.

it doesn't matter if it's corpsman, they aren't allowed to wear cammies out like that either..... they follow our rules when in our uniform.

it's like when they decide to wear our blues (yes they can) it's still falls under our regs.

only when they are in their whites or blues or dungerees or whatever other uniform they have do they not fall under our regulations.

but I do like how you say it might have been a nasty corpsman and not a Marine.... pawn it off on the navy!!! hahaaha.

Corpsmen are authorized to wear our Dress Blues? I never seen that before. I don't agree with it, I can understand the cammies but not the dress uniform. When they are embedded with a Marine unit in a combat zone, it is best that they blend in with the Marines so that they don't stand out during contact. But in the rear, why would they need to wear our Dress Blues? Do they wear our service uniforms too? I'm sorry, but if they didn't graduate Marine Corps boot camp, I really do not think they rate to wear our service/dress uniforms.

I remember when I was in Iraq, there were contractors wearing the Marine cammies, they really gave us a bad name. At least the Navy operates under some type of regulations, but the contractors... wow! They were bad, really really bad....

Semper Fidelis

I dont know about the blues but I myself have seen a Navy Chaplain in our service charlie uniform.

yeah, they trade all thier navy uniforms in and can only wear Marine Corps uniforms.

and have you ever seen what corpman go through to be corpsman and not hospital medics??

these guys get it worse than we do in boot camp. Sgt, you should check it out sometime, do you really think the Marine Corps would authorize a FMF pin that has an EGA on it if they don't earn that right? and what's classic about it is that most of them are e-3 or e-4 while being treated like a recruit.

yeah, they trade all thier navy uniforms in and can only wear Marine Corps uniforms.

and have you ever seen what corpman go through to be corpsman and not hospital medics??

these guys get it worse than we do in boot camp. Sgt, you should check it out sometime, do you really think the Marine Corps would authorize a FMF pin that has an EGA on it if they don't earn that right? and what's classic about it is that most of them are e-3 or e-4 while being treated like a recruit.
    That still doesn't make them a Marine. I value the title, and therefore I do not like the idea of any non-Marine wearing our uniforms. There's no shame in being in the Navy, so I don't know why they don't wear the sailor's uniform and take pride in their branch of service.

Maybe I'm a little cocky, but hey, I'm a Marine. It's what Marines do!

this is true... but at the same time, keep it in your head that they save your life.... they are just as integral as a motor T operator driving your comm gear.

we all play a role, and the navy provides us with some hard charging docs who most often than not wanted the Marine Corps but also wanted to save lives.

never disrespect a corpsman Sgt... they give you your motrin.

anyways, most every Doc I've talked to thinks they look rediculous wearing the blues... and they have to pay for it... so they don't really make the change all too often, so don't worry about it.

never disrespect a corpsman Sgt... they give you your motrin.
    How could I forget that magical pill that cures everything!

I respect what Corpsmen do for the Corps, I just don't agree that they should be wearing our service/dress uniforms. If I was attached to an Army unit, does that mean that I can wear the Army uniforms? It has nothing to do where I'm at or how good I am at my job, if I am not in a soldier/sailor/airman/guardsman, then I do nor rate to wear their uniforms. Same concept should apply to Corpsmen, especially in the rear. Like I stated, there is no shame in taking pride in their branch of service.

Corpsmen are only authorized to wear our full set of uniforms if they have gone completely "Green Side." I have only seen a Corpsman wearing Chucks once, and it looked ridiculous with his rank only on his left sleeve.

Hendrix, no, the Marine Corps is not authorized to wear cammies out in town. Only on base or in the field. I have seen it once, at an airport. About ten or so Marines were getting back from Iraq, and obviously had no civvies or dress uniforms. They were headed straight home. This was when I was fresh out of Boot Camp, en route to my own home. I asked them about it, politely as I was a PFC and they were all E-4s and up. They explained the situation. A Gunny also said he was completely embarrassed about it, and would not allow any of his Marines to leave the USO until they needed to catch the flight. I can understand something like that.

However, I have straight up seen Army dogs out in town, at Wal-Mart, in their cammies. At gas stations, convenience stores, all over the place. Technically, from what I understand, they are not authorized to do this, but the Army does not enforce regulations like we do, so they get away with it, and very very few soldiers actually give a d***.

Quote Originally Posted by New York View Post
    lol, good thing I'm color blind now. Can't see this mess of colors here!! or wherever present..

How is this identical uniform (almost USMC Dress Blue Uniform) approved for the AF to be worn? And the blue trousers given to the Army?

Are they done with these service uniforms?

Yes, it is kind of patterned after the above uniform. The coat looks kind of green to me, with blue trousers. It looks awful, and from what I understand the Army has been trying to emulate our Dress Blues for years, and just keeps degrading it. They can't get something that looks good. Honestly is angers me that they try to make their uniform look like ours. It takes away from our beautiful Blues. No other service, try as they might, will look as good as a Marine in his Blues. Their attempts just make themselves look foolish and make us look even better, if you ask me. But it is still slightly degrading, if you ask me.

EDIT:
    I guess their coat really is blue, but it doesn't look like it to me (I'm color blind, bear in mind).

It reminds me of a civilian suit with military decorations on it. Does anyone else thing this? Our Blues look distinctly like a military uniform, and always has. The Army looks like a bunch of civilians playing soldier walking around. I guess if they want to stick to their civilian roots we should let them, eh?

The air forces prototype for it's new dress blues.....

These are horrendous. They kind of resemble our Blues, but the belt looks like our Service Alpha belt. Not only does the uniform itself look awful, but they don't wear it right. Their gig line is messed up, their collar is all jacked up, her jump wings are too high from her ribbons (at least for Marine Corps standards, which I assume are pretty close to how everyone does it), his belt is too tight (you can tell by the pull of the fabric on our right side, it wrinkles up the blouse)...

Horrendous... *sigh*

Ok, a couple of discrepancies here for me.

First off, the MARPAT cammies can be worn in town or during travel if certain circumstances present themselves. I redeployed to CONUS from Iraq in 07 ahead of my unit so I could EAS and I flew back on civilian aircraft as it was only me and one of my Gunny's who was PCSing. Our command authorized us wearing cammies and so we flew from Kuwait to Germany to Baltimore to Denver to San Diego in our Desert Cammies and along the way, we stopped in every bar we could and you wouldn't believe the free drinks that were bought for us. I don't even remember leaving Denver...lol.

Bottom line is it is authorized for Marines returning from a combat zone. It is also authorized in town for emergencies only. You can't stop for gas or run into the store but you are allowed to pick your children up from day care or if your car breaks down, you are allowed to seek help or go in somewhere for assistance.

Now, to Commdog. I agree that the Navy corpsmen shouldn't be allowed to wear our dress uniforms but if you're disputing whether they should be allowed to wear our cammies, then you are wrong. These corpsman who are deployed with infantry battalions are on the front lines everyday and they need to wear the same uniform as the Marines so that they don't appear different from the Marines and become a specific target. It wouldn't take the insurgents long to figure out you shoot the guy wearing the different color uniform and then everyone else can't treat the wounded. This is the same reason we gave our interpreters desert digital cammies, so they weren't targeted specifically.

There is also a new order regarding contractors stating that if they choose to wear the desert digital cammies, they must conform to the regulations of the Marine Corps meaning they must have a proper haircut and be clean shaven. This is due to those contractors you mentioned before giving Marines a bad name.

Thread Information