Sad but true, I am Colorblind... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post

what about the desert cammies, with a tri-color flak?!
    I've seen that too. Usually just in training situations (for example, we used tri-color flaks at the helo dunker, and we were in digital deserts). Looks ridiculous.

Speaking of cammie patterns, am I alone in thinking the only thing the Army's cammies blend into is a bunch of rocks? Seriously, their colors are so messed up, they can't really be used effectively in a woodland situation or the desert.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Schramm/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Schramm/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Schramm/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

yeah, and they aren't allowed to role the sleeves up.... ever.

a lot of the doggies I've talked to say it feels like PJs...

I see this doggie didn't even blouse his trousers...

but they do blend into office buildings...

And they are allowed to wear their cammies out in town... Straight nasty...

did you see their new dress uniform???

does it look kinda familiar minus some red piping??? oh and they can blouse their boots when they are MPs at the gate.... when do Marines wear dress blues at the gate????

anyways, the Army wants to use our recognition to recruit idiots.

Marines had 97% high school grads enlist last year
    Army had 71% high school grads enlist last year

so I can say the Army is stupid and not be wrong.

The air forces prototype for it's new dress blues.....

'Commander, have those Star Destroyers attack Al Ramadi at once!'

And for the record, I'm not kidding about those uniforms.... they're prototypes.

why do every other branh try to emulate us? it's flattering sure... but it gets annoying, 'cause they're gonna ruin what our uniform means. when did the army or air force ever use a collar like ours? oh, never?! I didn't know that!

The air forces prototype for it's new dress blues.....

'Commander, have those Star Destroyers attack Al Ramadi at once!'
    If they blow up Ramadi, they can wear what ever the hell they want for all I'm concerned!

they'd have to build a Super star destroyer first.

I showed my Grandfather that photo, as he was a Colonel in the Air Force during Vietnam. His reply was "You've got to be fvcking kidding me, it looks like a God damned Nazi SS uniform! I'm glad I'm out."

actually it's cut just like the Marine Corps dress blues for the guy, and it's the prototype female dress blues that got shot down by the Marine Corps uniform board 2 or 3 years ago... minus the red piping and the EGA buttons and what not.

it's sad... at least the Army tried to keep the look of their old dress greens, but the Air force straight up stole our design!

lol, good thing I'm color blind now. Can't see this mess of colors here!! or wherever present..

How is this identical uniform (almost USMC Dress Blue Uniform) approved for the AF to be worn? And the blue trousers given to the Army?

Are they done with these service uniforms?

it's sad... at least the Army tried to keep the look of their old dress greens, but the Air force straight up stole our design!
    As I recall, the "new and improved" Air Force uniform was supposedly patterned after the uniform worn by Billy Mitchell in the 1920s. The Air Force then changed the color to that awful blue and added the belt to the blouse--making it a truly classic mess.

The Army uniforms just continue to get worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    And they are allowed to wear their cammies out in town... Straight nasty...
    I absolute can't stand being in an airport and seeing Army soldiers walking around in their cammies. I know Altanta and Washington Dulles is guaranteed to have Army soldiers in cammies passing through any day of the year- so much for terrorism awareness. It makes me sick!

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I absolute can't stand being in an airport and seeing Army soldiers walking around in their cammies. I know Altanta and Washington Dulles is guaranteed to have Army soldiers in cammies passing through any day of the year- so much for terrorism awareness. It makes me sick!
    I was at the dallas/Ft. Worth airport, and was on a flight seated next to 2 intel soldiers and 2 marines, all wearing cammies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
    I was at the dallas/Ft. Worth airport, and was on a flight seated next to 2 intel soldiers and 2 marines, all wearing cammies.
    After getting home, it was brought to my attention that I did not capitalize Marine. It will not happen again.

and I doubt it was Marines in cammies... I spotted one on my way to Lejuene for my MOS school.... he forgot to pack civies since he was deploying... he was fat and nasty too... yet another reason we aren't allowed to wear cammies while traveling.

Thread Information