Sad but true, I am Colorblind... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    theres worse things and others who have had to deal with the thoughts of letting others down in combat,,,, at Boot one of the marines in my company(recruit at the time) discovered he had night blindness....they didnt drop him jsut worked around it and dealt with it and he was also one of my best buds at ITB and we watched otu for each other he pushed me on runs and such( i suck at running) and on the night humps i stayed either right behind or right in front of him n either had him hold onto the back of my pack or i held onto his to keep him in formation.. you over come little things and imperfectiosn you find ways around it and deal with it

There is no perfect woman or man that is created into a Marine, I have weaknesses and strengths, Ive got my buddys to back me up, its no big deal.

I just got progressive lens tri-focals today and gotta move my head around like a robot to focus on the different fields of vision and peripheral vision is almost non-existent, trade you for colorblind straight across

You are all right, no right to complain, I kind of apologize for this thread now. I can see colors (yes lol yes CPL[0231] I know bats can't see, I was just joking), I am thankful for vision just in general. It was just disappointing.

I know now and later on, for whatever route I decide to take in areas of excellency, will lead me to this test/fail. I want to do Law Enforcement or perhaps a job in Government that will best suit my qualification in those fields. I just only have to prove I am more qualified with a color deficiency.

SlingerDun, if I had a extra pair of eyeballs I would for you, in all honesty =).

LCPL [immaproshooter], that is a amazing story. That sort of comradery is the motivation that fuels me. I hope once I've earned the title, I can have similiar type of motiviating stories. Thank you for sharing that.

Thank you MattNC, for a young Poolee you defintely have the right attitude. I can see you making a difference in the Marine Corps, you've motivated me!

SSgt [Petzold], CPL [Tallboot], LCPL [JWDevilDog], I read it clear and good! I will surely square away this stupid negative attitude and make the best of it. It's insipiring to read you guys have accomplished so much, I only hope I be as good as you Marines.

Silverado, thank you for sharing your side of the similar story, I was thinking the same. I also found out 2nd opinions (outside MDs) are not accepted, since it's done there way or no way (MEPs). I wish you the best of good/luck in your journey of becoming a Marine.

Thank you all for sharing/answering,

Errol.

As I recall some "side effects" of being color blind is a greater ability to spot stuff hidden with camo, and a higher than average night vision. Frankly, if you have either I'd want you by my side when the sh-t hits the fan. Determination is everything, and you sure got it. Keep going strong and maybe someday I'll bump into you as a fellow Marine .

I'm colorblind with green/brown, found out in the 5th grade when they did testing at my old school. Still feel like I see just fine, ruined my chance of joining the Air Force to go through the PJ/CCT pipeline, but it has put me on the path to be among the finest infantrymen in the world as a United States Marine. It does not hinder me, and I don't think twice about it. I just focus on my dream of becoming a Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
    I'm colorblind with green/brown, found out in the 5th grade when they did testing at my old school. Still feel like I see just fine, ruined my chance of joining the Air Force to go through the PJ/CCT pipeline, but it has put me on the path to be among the finest infantrymen in the world as a United States Marine. It does not hinder me, and I don't think twice about it. I just focus on my dream of becoming a Marine
    Damn, you're going to get them mixed up one day and wear the woodland cammies when everyone else is in deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Damn, you're going to get them mixed up one day and wear the woodland cammies when everyone else is in deserts.

Lol..

"PFC Schmuckertelly, why in the h*ll are you wearing a green blouse, with sleeves rolled, and desert trousers??"

"Umm... Trying to start a fashion trend??"

back before your time, this was the norm.... many of us decided the woodland were senior so they were at the front of the formation... then there were the guys who wore the tri-colors until the very last day... then when they had to wear MARPAT, they wore the black leather boots, again till the last day... some people just don't like change.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Hahaha I would believe it, Cpl.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Lol..

"PFC Schmuckertelly, why in the h*ll are you wearing a green blouse, with sleeves rolled, and desert trousers??"

"Umm... Trying to start a fashion trend??"
    Ever seen a Marine in deserts with a green gortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Ever seen a Marine in deserts with a green gortex?
    Yeah, I was one of them

My first deployment and I got issued the old tri-color woodland gortex. Doesn't do you much good when you're in the middle of the desert...lol

Hey! I know how you feel brother! At least mine was digital! LOL!

Lol yes, I still wear green goretex with deserts. My favorite is desert bottoms, green gortex top, and a desert cover. We haven't been issued the desert goretex yet.

I'm shocked they didn't think about the desert gortex thing in the begining with having two colors, AND a war in Iraq....

what about the desert cammies, with a tri-color flak?!

Thread Information