Shooting on the range and Pulling Pits - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I understand, SSgt.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    SSgt, I am not talking about someone who is unk-ing.

Can you explain to me, how someone 1 point away from Expert, is going to cause them to be killed or injured in combat?
    What if that one point that you hook them up with, now makes that Marine eligible for promotion (perhaps over you) or to attend a school that he or she might not otherwise be able to attend (perhaps over you).

It's real easy to say it's only one point, and we all want to help our fellow Marines out, but that is what discipline and leadership is about - doing what is right when nobody is looking.

And for the Marine accepting the hookup: I wouldn't wear anything on my uniform that I did not rate 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    SSgt, I am not talking about someone who is unk-ing.

Can you explain to me, how someone 1 point away from Expert, is going to cause them to be killed or injured in combat?
    So you cut the guy a break and spot him one point, what's the harm right? How about this. His buddy scores one point below him, should he spot his buddy two points?? It would never end, and also if you cheat it opens you up to NJP, and if it gets around, maybe some guy 5 points short telling you, either you give me 5 points, or I narc you off. Cheating is NEVER justified, unless it's an insurgent, and it's your azz or his. SF

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Well, I guess we know who just unked...
    You read my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    You read my mind.
    Having a toilet seat on your uniform is better than no award.

There's no reason a Marine should ever go unk on the range..If he/she does then there's something wrong in that Marines platoon. Going to the range isn't a 1 day event and you need to take advantage of all the time alloted for snapping in and also pre-qual, if a Marine can't figure it out he needs to get help. we used to have rifle/ pistol coaches that were there for that very reason. The real hook-up is learning your weapon and how to use it...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    True story... I saw two outstanding sergeants give a wm 1 point on the pistol range so she would qual. What did she do to thank them you might ask. She went to the range officer and reported them both. They didn't have to go stand on the carpet but what they did get was a double sign fitness report and a page 11. So much for a hook up huhh. Both of them were then deemed ineligible for the promotion board so were forced to get out.

Two good carreer Marines went crashing down in flames because of 1 free point they gave.

I'll admit I have coached on qual day and talked a lad through the whole course of fire so that he would qualify. That too could be called breaking the rules I suppose.

It's agreed that no Marine should ever UNQ on a range. What's the old saying?

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin!"

You gotta be Shi**ing me?!?! give a hook up at the Range?? Might as well shave some seconds off your run time, give them one extra pullup maybe some extra crunches?? Hell no, if you can't shoot and you can't run. Get the hell out of my Corps.

Our whole **** talking to all the other branches stems from a lot of things but mainly do to the fact we can kill someone from five football fields away (which is pretty ****ing cool if you sit down and think about it)

Having people cheat their way to not have to wear a Pizza Box is a disgrace to all the Marines before you. I would ****** murder someone if they picked up before me because they had a bull**** rifle score that was higher than my authentic score.

Parris Island PMI Here

I was a PMI at MCRD Parris Island from April 1978 until Nov. 1980 and trained approx. 50 platoons. I worked mainly on B and C lines and wish I had a dollar for everytime I said, "Sight alignment, trigger squeeze private". It was good duty except for the f__ckin sand flees and heat during the summer. I had to recycle some recruits, but not many. The quality of the shooter really depended upon the PMI's effort. The best qualifiers I'd have were the squirrel hunters from KY, TN, etc. The worst were usually left-handed (they didn't like the casing wissing by their face), wore glasses, from the city, and never handled a weapon before. It got to the point were I could visualize the .223 vapor trail and adjust the recruits rapid fire point of aim. Wish I had a 50 cal sniper rifle to play around with!

Sure as fu ck looks like someone fu ckin around on duty trying to stir up some sh it. Well sh itbird looks like you accomplished your mission. LMFAO !!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Profile says you to be a professional skater.

How's about doing it on someone elses dime.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Having a toilet seat on your uniform is better than no award.
    Yup the chitters badge,lol.

Credits
    Savings

Espn

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Well, I guess we know who just unked...

Read my mind...

Thread Information