Shooting on the range and Pulling Pits
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooting on the range and Pulling Pits

No Marine should ever unk on the range, ----ever---

For those about t ogo to boot camp dont be the one that says that the verifier was next to you the whole time,,,

Every shot is a 4 or 5 in the Marine Corp

Those that disagree are the ones that mess up the whole balance for everybody.

So when you are in Afghansitan,, you are going to prepare a loop sling and make ready???====

Pull the pits the way Marines do,,, hook each other up and stuff with this buddy fUc$er stuff.

Marines go unqualified for good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by marine3043 View Post

For those about t ogo to boot camp dont be the one that says that the verifier was next to you the whole time,,,

So when you are in Afghansitan,, you are going to prepare a loop sling and make ready???====

Pull the pits the way Marines do,,, hook each other up and stuff with this buddy fUc$er stuff.

I strongly disagree with you. Marines go unk because they are NSF's - non-shooting-focks

Hooking a guy up on the range does not help him in a combat situation, or in any situation.

It makes him a liability.

Once you know how to shoot, the loop sling or any type of sling has zero ability to influence the round. It is an aid, like a scope, bipods, or any other aid you find/make. The only thing I will agree with you about that point is that Marines should not use a "tight" loop sling, unless they are deep out and trying to reach out and touch someone. It is totally unrealistic, when I got out in 99, the only spot they let them use that type of sling was at the 500.

I went unk at bootcamp, twice, but I figured it out and I did all right in the long run.

And I know that when I went unk, twice, that I didn't mess up any balance, I got what I earned it that wasn't much, at first.

You shoot what you shoot....it's what it is.

"Hooking your buddy up" in this circumstance is not cool, not cool at all...say the Marine CAN'T shoot but because his buddies "hook him up" in the pits he think's he's Carlos Hathcock...then get's sent to Iraq or Afghanistan...a fire-fight breaks out....he misses wildly and get's one or more of his Marine's killed/maimed....is that right??

I realize this is a heavy-scenario, but possible...shooting on the range is one thing, the targets don't shoot back...in a controlled environment...this is not the place to instill false confidence in a Marine's psyche.

Besides, when I went to Bootcamp integrity, honesty, and honor meant something...I've only been gone since July of 07', I'm sure things haven't changed that much since I left Camp Lejeune.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY, MARINES!! I was at a indoor range, yesterday, with my BRAND NEW Model 29, 44 Magnum...NON-VENTED, and hit the silhouette 22, out of 24 times......with 2 BULLSEYES!!.....AND, I'm 63!!....WITH TRI-FOCALS!! TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING!!!!! DNQ'S, are NOT AN OPTION.....check these boot's EYES!!!.......S/F...DOC

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    You shoot what you shoot....it's what it is.

"Hooking your buddy up" in this circumstance is not cool, not cool at all...say the Marine CAN'T shoot but because his buddies "hook him up" in the pits he think's he's Carlos Hathcock...then get's sent to Iraq or Afghanistan...a fire-fight breaks out....he misses wildly and get's one or more of his Marine's killed/maimed....is that right??

I realize this is a heavy-scenario, but possible...shooting on the range is one thing, the targets don't shoot back...in a controlled environment...this is not the place to instill false confidence in a Marine's psyche.

Besides, when I went to Bootcamp integrity, honesty, and honor meant something...I've only been gone since July of 07', I'm sure things haven't changed that much since I left Camp Lejeune.

Well Said SSgt,
    It is, what it is......

" Hooking your Buddy up ? " I don't think so.
    How about finding out what the problem is and then Helping your Brother Marine fix it.
    That's what I call "Hooking your Buddy up".

Semper Fi,

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by marine3043 View Post

Well, I guess we know who just unked...

The Marine Rifleman is the backbone of the whole Marine Corps. ALL Marines are riflemen first, and their MOS assignment second. Period. To fix a qual score so a non-qual passes, is not omly detrimental to his ability to be a marine, but it puts all other marines at risk. If a recruit can't hit a target with an assist in the form of a loop sling what makes you think he can hit a target without it? Try this scenario. A base gets attacked say in Afghanistan. An insurgent strapped with explosives is sprinting towards the Ammunition Depot. All Marines in the area are busy defending their front. Joe Schnuck from Admin has been ordered to take up his rifle and assist. He's the only one who sees this guy running. In Boot Camp and the next qualification, they fixed his score so he passed. Now all that stands between the Ammo Depot and the insurgent is Joe. Nuff said. The rifle qualification segment of boot camp is in my opinion one of the most important parts of boot camp. If you can't shoot straight, you should not be in the Marines. You should be in the Coast Guard or some such. I can't believe a Marine even suggested that a non-qual be given a pass. SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Hook Up"?? There is no bail out in combat, ****bird,,,,,,,,

The ONLY time I think you should hook some one up is when they are like one point away from Sharpshooter or Expert.
    I have thick glasses and I only unked once, and that was in boot camp. Granted, I only got pizza box my entire time.
    What was irritating was my CO kept putting down on my Pro/Con's that I needed to improve my rifle score, but when I put in my request to get laser eye surgery, he puts me in as a class 3. For 3 years I waited to get my eyes fixed, never happened.

My PMI in Boot shot Pizza box. He told us it was because he was having marital problems at home and that was messing his concentration up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WTF are you talking about? That's fkd up, you're not doing your buddy any favors by giving a fake # so he won't unq. How about teach him how to shoot the damned thing?

Is that what they're teaching you young ones these days?

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    The ONLY time I think you should hook some one up is when they are like one point away from Sharpshooter or Expert.
    What part of "you shoot what you shoot" is confusing??

It's wrong...morally and tactically....and Marine's could be killed or injured because of it, you can't justify that action....

What next, lying and inflating pro/con remarks because he's your buddy in the barracks??

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    What part of "you shoot what you shoot" is confusing??

It's wrong...morally and tactically....and Marine's could be killed or injured because of it, you can't justify that action....

What next, lying and inflating pro/con remarks because he's your buddy in the barracks??
    SSgt, I am not talking about someone who is unk-ing.

Can you explain to me, how someone 1 point away from Expert, is going to cause them to be killed or injured in combat?

What's the difference? It's still dishonest. Why give that Marine the extra point? He/she didn't earn it...why should they get credit for it?

It's all about integrity Marine...either you have it or you don't...I'd rather have a Marksman badge(s) on my uniform that I earned than be some pathetic poseur who has the Expert w/10 awards on their chest....which unfortunately I know Marine's who have done that sadly.

You can't convince me that being dishonest is ever right...it's NOT.....that is NOT what we are...we are MARINE'S and CORPSMAN, period.

Doing the right thing for the right reason, even if nobody will ever know, should be all that matters at the end of the day...it's about integrity and pride.

Thread Information