Unit Award Information - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    Cpl....and I'm trying to not lose my mind here....

Fist wasn't disrespectful, technically I am in the wrong, regardless of what choices I did or didn't have....I didn't apologize to Fist....explained perhaps....that's about the extent of it....I have to admit, I wish they did have more Marine choices there.

I see no reason to blatantly disrespect another Marine because of their rank or status. I don't get off on slamming somebody unless they truly deserve it, regardless of rank.
    Yeah, my bad SSgt... I went a wee bit overboard...

I had some vodka venom in me earlier.

Looking back at my post I was out of line.

My apologies.

Great info SSgt.

Just found a star for my MUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Great info SSgt.

Just found a star for my MUC.
    No problem at all my little Brother.....

Most of the time, unit and campaign awards are authorized much later than the actual operation concludes.....Silver Wake ended in 97', the first message I can find authorizing the CAR was in 00'.

It gets worse if you were a part of a MEU with different units committed to the entity involved. After you get home, people scatter to the 4-winds....some EAS, some PCS, and reachback is not always possible nor realistic, which is what happened in my circumstance with the 26th MEU.

I was technically with MWSS-274, put on the Detachment at the last minute, then AdCon to HMM-365 for the MEU.....once on board ship for the blue/green water ex, SOC ex, and actual deployment Ships Company working for Combat Cargo.

You'd think that I woulda kept up with the message traffic, but that wasn't possible....I kept on deploying, then became a Career Planner, and just didnt' have time. With increased knowledge came increased responsibility consuming more and more of my time. I'm an overachiever by nature.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ROFLMFAO,Heres 2Ya @ the All Americans in harms way S/Sgt.as 4 you Mach whatever I'll be seeing Your Boot Butt,back behind tha Barn now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    ROFLMFAO,Heres 2Ya @ the All Americans in harms way S/Sgt.as 4 you Mach whatever I'll be seeing Your Boot Butt,back behind tha Barn now!!!
    As long as we can go have a afterwards.

To quote one of my favorite characters of all time:

"I'm your Huckleberry."

Anyways, I hope the links I provided help some of you guys out.
    I noticed that one of them is the same as what SSgt posted but for some reason his links give me security warnings.
    /shrug

P.S. I had to remove the smileys in the quote as the image limit wouldn't let me keep them.

Anyone have a list of all awards given to 2/2 when we were apart of task force 2/2 from 05-06. As well as who I would need to contact about getting my CAR added as I rate it as I was in several situations which would warrant it.

S/F

The way I interpet this maradmin, I should be getting a NUC, since I was part of MAG-13 HQ at that time. Correct me someone, if I am wrong
    http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...IN0250-09.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    No problem at all my little Brother.....

Most of the time, unit and campaign awards are authorized much later than the actual operation concludes.....Silver Wake ended in 97', the first message I can find authorizing the CAR was in 00'.

It gets worse if you were a part of a MEU with different units committed to the entity involved. After you get home, people scatter to the 4-winds....some EAS, some PCS, and reachback is not always possible nor realistic, which is what happened in my circumstance with the 26th MEU.

I was technically with MWSS-274, put on the Detachment at the last minute, then AdCon to HMM-365 for the MEU.....once on board ship for the blue/green water ex, SOC ex, and actual deployment Ships Company working for Combat Cargo.

You'd think that I woulda kept up with the message traffic, but that wasn't possible....I kept on deploying, then became a Career Planner, and just didnt' have time. With increased knowledge came increased responsibility consuming more and more of my time. I'm an overachiever by nature.
    I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying you rate a CAR for time you were assigned to Combat Cargo?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    Anyone have a list of all awards given to 2/2 when we were apart of task force 2/2 from 05-06. As well as who I would need to contact about getting my CAR added as I rate it as I was in several situations which would warrant it.

S/F
    The CAR is written up somewhat like other personal awards. Your PltCmdr/OIC/etc from the time should be able to write up your "verification" statement and request for the CAR if you are able to contact them.

I've been trying to find out if the rumor we heard about getting a PUC were true. I was with 2/2 back in 05-06 but everything I find on our deployment or the next one never mentions awards.

The website listed up top of this thread always gives me a 404 error.

Thread Information