Books Screws Up Drill. Hilarity Ensues. (And More) - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Why don't you just get married and start a family. Geez, does anyone have any MORALS these days!!!

Stay sober too, alcohol rots the liver and kills the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Why don't you just get married and start a family. Geez, does anyone have any MORALS these days!!!

Stay sober too, alcohol rots the liver and kills the brain.

And have a little Achped running around?????

Yes alcohol is bad for you but it does help you to not have a memory of what occured the night before. Sometimes thats not a bad thing.

The chip off the old block Gunny,lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!!!!!!

THIS IS BOOKS (POOLEE COCK FACE), THREAD.

Dave

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Poolee Cock Face

PFC AZZCHIN

LCPL DICKSNOUT

CPL SHIATHEAD

The list is endless....... nice start!

This thread reminds me of when I was a little kid. When I was somewhere around 5 or 7 years old, I used to get in these types of arguments with my brother. We would go back and forth saying "you're a stupid-head" "no, you're a stupid-head" "no, you are the stupid-head" (etc). Reading this thread, it seems some things never change. The wording may be slighty different, but the childish games/namecalling never seem to end.

I guess that's why I yawn rather than laugh at terms like 'cock face'. Boys will be boys, but there comes a day when you need to grow up. It's called 'maturity', and it is obvious there is a lack of it on this thread.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Personnally I am Peter Pan .... the 100 year old boy that never grew up.
    As soon as you start taking life so serious that you can't even enjoy it you have a problem. So what there are crappy days yea everybody has them. Doesn't matter if you are wearing green or wearing blue you'll have days that you really don't enjoy. Reach down and grab a hold and see if you got a pair. I can not see a realistic reason for cashing in your stripes for some of them upside down thingys with a star on top and shouting to the world "I am an American Airman".

That was a pretty good story cock face and pretty amusing Glad I didn't do that. Just as the banana story it will haunt you. Matt has been on this site since he was a poolee and was pretty motivated all along so it is disappointing to read his change in attitude.

This thread reminds me of when I was a little kid. When I was somewhere around 5 or 7 years old, I used to get in these types of arguments with my brother. We would go back and forth saying "you're a stupid-head" "no, you're a stupid-head" "no, you are the stupid-head" (etc). Reading this thread, it seems some things never change. The wording may be slighty different, but the childish games/namecalling never seem to end.

I guess that's why I yawn rather than laugh at terms like 'cock face'. Boys will be boys, but there comes a day when you need to grow up. It's called 'maturity', and it is obvious there is a lack of it on this thread.

Semper Fidelis

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Credits
    Savings

Semper Fidelis

IS NOT...

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I have been volunteering at the DAV chapter for 15 years ...running the Friday night bingo for four.

I have had in house veteran comrades help.

I also have had convicts Marine and civilian come into "volunteer" for community service ordered by the courts for a punishment.

Most are not worth a shiat....with work history! They don't want to be there...but they were ordered.

School seniors work community service so they can get so many hours for a scholarship....once they do the hours you never see them again. They do work fairly well....because they want it......

I have signed a few letters for Marines and sailors wanting a ribbon for community volunteering.....also once they get the hours and letter they are gone....can't really blame them giving up every Friday.

Although in my day they had no ribbon for community service.

Your unit received a land line that a service organization needed help and they sent so many bodies..breathing....along with an NCO to do the working party. Might have got some chow out of the deal and plenty of sea stories.

Volunteering is good if you want to do it.....if you are doing it because you have to... or punishment....most people doing this are useless.....for a community or service organization event.

In the Marine Corps .....you....you...and you come with me volunteering builds Espirit de Corps .

But sometimes be weary of what you volunteer for...because the names can change.....

Chocolate Detail= Burning Shiat.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Matt has been on this site since he was a poolee and was pretty motivated all along so it is disappointing to read his change in attitude.
    Yeah, that surprised me as well. He was really motivated, just as cocky, and I think he was squad leader in boot too. Seemed the most likely out of any of us to really enjoy the Marine Corps, but now he wants to forget about it? That is worrying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    Yeah, that surprised me as well. He was really motivated, just as cocky, and I think he was squad leader in boot too. Seemed the most likely out of any of us to really enjoy the Marine Corps, but now he wants to forget about it? That is worrying to me.
    That shouldn't be a concern of yours, Cock. Just keep your eyes on the prize and develop your own opinions of the Corps once you're in.

By the way, I like that quote in your sig. Thanks for donating it to my quotes page.

cock face, every Marine has his/her own experiences in the Corps good and bad not the same as anothers, some love it , some enjoy it, and some hate it........to each his own. dont let someone else experiences or opinions effect yours

It never ends,lmfao.

I have always been one to volunteer for anything and everything which has come along. I do not expect any type of recognition for it, I just do it because I want to do it. Truth is, I have been passed up for so many awards it ain't even funny anymore. I have stood in formations and listened to my citation being read to other Marines who took all the credit for the work I did. It sucks, I'll admit it, but it all depends on what I did with it. Instead of pitying myself and hating the Corps, I picked up the pieces and moved on. Expect to get knocked down, expect to see injustices, but what matters most is your character. It does not matter how hard you fall, what matters is if you can pick yourself back up and keep going. It is always sad to see a Marine get knocked down, but it is even sadder to see him/her not even try to get back up.

For all of you poolees out there, the Corps is what you make of it. There are some turdbirds who will tell you how much they hate the Corps and want out, and there are some squared away Marines who will tell you how great the Corps really is. I have seen both good and bad leadership during my time in the fleet, but what really matters is how good of a leader I will be- and how good you will be. The Corps has a lot of good opportunities, you just have to stay motivated and not fall into these holes. I have traveled the world; I have fought in a war; I have even had the priviledge of shaking hands with Chuck Norris, SgtMajMC Estrada, CMC Gen Hagee, SecState Condi Rice, and even President Bush as well as some other famous individuals- this was all accomplished in only 3 years in the Corps. Had I let the few bad leaders I had in the fleet destroy my motivation, I would have done none of this. The Corps is what you make of it, do not let anyone steal your motivation! You have to first think about what you want to do during your time in the Corps, then find a way to make it happen- there are plenty of opportunities.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information