Here goes nothing...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Here goes nothing...

First off i wanted to apologize ahead of time for any mistakes i make or for boring you with a sob story, but i need to get this off my chest.

It all started when i first met my recruiter about 6 months ago, we met and i told him about a simple assault violation i was charged with back in 2007, he said it was no big deal but that he needed to know because i needed a waiver, that was fine. A few weeks went by and i started to feel a little bit guilty due to the fact that I did not mention that in 2006 i had a Felony charge and three misdemeanors. The story is that i hung out with the wrong crowd and one day me and a friend (not friends now due to good reasons) went out on my four wheeler and I followed a snowmobile trail into some guys logging lot, so my friend at the time went into the guys skidder and sprayed a fire extinguisher and did some damage all when i was just sitting on my four wheeler. we ended up going back to my house. the next day the cops were at my house with a search warrant and said i stole a chainsaw. i denied it until my buddy at the time told me to just confess and it will all be okay. so listening to the cops minipulate me and listening to my older friend who i probably at the time looked up to, tell me if I confess that it will be alot better, so i did. Guess what it was not okay. i never stole a chainsaw and i got charged for it, big mistake on my part i know, i learned my lesson on not confessing to anything i havent done. But anyways, i told my recruiter and he said i would have to get a waiver for that one two, and that it would be alot harder for me to get a felony waiver, but i stayed motivated throughout the whole thing until last night.
    As i said before i got a simple assualt charge, due to the fact that my step dad is a drunk and trys to pick fights with me and it ends up with him knocked out on the ground. so i was arrested in 2007 for defending myself. BS if you ask me. So last night the same thing happened he came after me and i had to defend myself and since he had a black eye and i didnt have a scratch and he lies, they took me to jail, and i had to be bailed out last night by my girlfriend. It really sucks to know that because i defended myself i know that most likely I am not going to become a Marine all because of a drunk i live with. My recruiter isnt going to be very happy nor is he going to want to deal with me after being in trouble three times. But just now that i wont give up, there are just huge hurtles to go through first.

Thanks again for reading this.

Where is mom during all this? Is she not going to stand up for you?

Credits
    Savings
    I guess not.

First off; paragraphs please.

Second off; there's limited boat-space for prior enlistees, let alone raw recruits. Kudos to your recruiter if he's willing to work with you. Your case is a doozy and you'd at the very least need a series of waivers at the RS level. You'd most likely have to go higher up the chain, write up a few mini-essays explaining what happened, and provide documentation.

If you perservere and don't try to snow your recruiter he may be able to get you in. Just remember that the Corps can afford to be picky at this point in time. You're going to either have a very long process or a very quick waiver denial.

Keep at it but consider other options. You'd still need waivers but you could go the Army route and attempt to enlist in the Marine Corps near the end of that contract.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for your time to read this and yes I will not give up, I am going to try everything.

Credits
    Savings
    No Remorse is right and If I were you I would start looking at other options to pursue. It sucks that life dealt you a hard hand but our actions define our morality and values. You chose violence instead of getting out of the house any way you could and calling the police yourself and filing charges on your stepfather. I'm not trying to tell you which option is correct or which you should have chosen but obviously when faced with difficult choices you consistently seem to pick the wrong one.

Credits
    Savings
    As of right now my understanding is that the police are having this charge dropped, due to the fact that the Marine Corps was my option for after high school. But as for the other charges, ill still need to deal with them, but like i said thank you all for your time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go back to the logging camp and offer to work it off. Talk to the straw boss and tell him you didn't take it but are willing to work for free for a week if he will drop the charges. Work your tail off and show that you are indeed a level headed young lad that made a silly mistake. You might well get a letter of recommendation from the boss. Cop an attitude and whine for a waiver and you are destined to picking tomatoes and living in a cardboard box.

Credits
    Savings
    I will try to get in touch of him, as for trying to prove myself worthy i have gotten many letters of recommendations, i have also done community service to try to prove to my recruiter that i do care about becoming a Marine and that I am not some punk kid, just a kid who has mad some dumb choices in the past, that's all.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Go back to the logging camp and offer to work it off. Talk to the straw boss and tell him you didn't take it but are willing to work for free for a week if he will drop the charges. Work your tail off and show that you are indeed a level headed young lad that made a silly mistake. You might well get a letter of recommendation from the boss. Cop an attitude and whine for a waiver and you are destined to picking tomatoes and living in a cardboard box.
    Agreed, do what Bulkyker said, but on top of that. Get ur a$$ down to your recruiter ASAP, give him the straight scoop, don't BS him anymore that was your first mistake. Second go ahead and write a few different essays on why you wanna be a Marine, but also explain your situation in the essays. Don't sound like a whine a$$, don't point fingers at people. Step up be a man, take these essays when you go see your recruiter. Give me your recruiters name and phone # I'll call him if you want. Where here to help, but help yourself in the process. Kill!!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you very much Bulkyker, and echo3oscar1833 you two have been a great help, and yes I will give give you my recruiters number if you would like, again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seavey View Post
    Thank you very much Bulkyker, and echo3oscar1833 you two have been a great help, and yes I will give give you my recruiters number if you would like, again, thank you.
    send that info in a private message. Rank, Name, Phone #

Seavey:

Since you are 18 you need to tell the old man to kiss off and move the hell out. Time to be a man son. Get a job and do something with your life. If you hang around where you are theres nothing to do butbecome a loser like your old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Seavey View Post
    First off i wanted to apologize ahead of time for any mistakes i make or for boring you with a sob story, but i need to get this off my chest.

It all started when i first met my recruiter about 6 months ago, we met and i told him about a simple assault violation i was charged with back in 2007, he said it was no big deal but that he needed to know because i needed a waiver, that was fine. A few weeks went by and i started to feel a little bit guilty due to the fact that I did not mention that in 2006 i had a Felony charge and three misdemeanors. The story is that i hung out with the wrong crowd and one day me and a friend (not friends now due to good reasons) went out on my four wheeler and I followed a snowmobile trail into some guys logging lot, so my friend at the time went into the guys skidder and sprayed a fire extinguisher and did some damage all when i was just sitting on my four wheeler. we ended up going back to my house. the next day the cops were at my house with a search warrant and said i stole a chainsaw. i denied it until my buddy at the time told me to just confess and it will all be okay. so listening to the cops minipulate me and listening to my older friend who i probably at the time looked up to, tell me if I confess that it will be alot better, so i did. Guess what it was not okay. i never stole a chainsaw and i got charged for it, big mistake on my part i know, i learned my lesson on not confessing to anything i havent done. But anyways, i told my recruiter and he said i would have to get a waiver for that one two, and that it would be alot harder for me to get a felony waiver, but i stayed motivated throughout the whole thing until last night.
    As i said before i got a simple assualt charge, due to the fact that my step dad is a drunk and trys to pick fights with me and it ends up with him knocked out on the ground. so i was arrested in 2007 for defending myself. BS if you ask me. So last night the same thing happened he came after me and i had to defend myself and since he had a black eye and i didnt have a scratch and he lies, they took me to jail, and i had to be bailed out last night by my girlfriend. It really sucks to know that because i defended myself i know that most likely I am not going to become a Marine all because of a drunk i live with. My recruiter isnt going to be very happy nor is he going to want to deal with me after being in trouble three times. But just now that i wont give up, there are just huge hurtles to go through first.

Thanks again for reading this.
    I got the same problem bro, I got mixed in with the wrong crowd joined a gang and it just went downhill from there. I got stabbed so after i got up I pulled the knife out and stabbed him multiple times. My dad hit me with a skillet so I beat him with a iron(that was on).

Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    I got the same problem bro, I got mixed in with the wrong crowd joined a gang and it just went downhill from there. I got stabbed so after i got up I pulled the knife out and stabbed him multiple times. My dad hit me with a skillet so I beat him with a iron(that was on).
    No Comment

Thread Information