Need help finding my platoon number - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crypt View Post
    Yeah my son I rode to DC during RT in 07 but I can't ride anymore. I know what your saying
    I run across that alot.I just ask them how they liked (Dog Patch) an I get the same look an
    walk away. I now ask let me see your va. card it has what was on my chest an service
    connected .I got home in Feb 69 landed at El Torro Calif. Semper Fi. friend Don Smith
    PS you don't forget your brothers names either
    Right you are brother, good to see you here. I got home in Feb 69 as well, 1/5 & 3/5. Welcome home.

Need help with locating platoon number

I went to MCRD, San Diego.
    lost all my documents and platoon photos. We graduated August 13, 1975.
    My SDI was Ssgt D.A. Addis.
    DIs: Ssgt Campbell, Ssgt McGough and forth one couldn't remember his name.
    I would really appreciate it if you can find my platoon number and company i was with. thank you much. semper fi.

Gunny, I'm not trying to be disrespectful.....but, I can't understand how a Marine can remember where he went to boot-camp, when he went to boot-camp, including the day, month, and year he graduated, and three of his D.I.'s names, including which one was the SDI.......and not remember his Platoon number......just saying....

Credits
    Savings
    Today, 08:10 AM #18 Mongoose
    Platoon number......

When you grow a little bit older
    Marine-
    You may also remember not remembering
    stages of your life you could and couldn't
    remember If-in' you wuz
    commin-or-goin'

NOW-
    Can you help the Young Marine
    out or not ???

I've never seen or heard of a recruit platoon in which all the Drill Instructors were Staff Sergeants as the one that the Gunny was a member of but then, I'm sure Foxtrot will correct me if I'm wrong.

ORDO AD CHAO

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Today, 08:10 AM #18 Mongoose
    Platoon number......

When you grow a little bit older
    Marine-
    You may also remember not remembering
    stages of your life you could and couldn't
    remember If-in' you wuz
    commin-or-goin'

NOW-
    Can you help the Young Marine
    out or not ???
    Tread softly, you old fart........or I'll have you committed......

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I've never seen or heard of a recruit platoon in which all the Drill Instructors were Staff Sergeants as the one that the Gunny was a member of but then, I'm sure Foxtrot will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Mitch, you are right on Brother.....I have never even seen 2 SSgt.'s training one Platoon, unless the Platoon Commander was a Gunny or more.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Mitch, you are right on Brother.....I have never even seen 2 SSgt.'s training one Platoon, unless the Platoon Commander was a Gunny or more.

Went to P.I. for a runion a few years ago, there were many ssgt's in one plt. and even e-8's at practice drill on the grinder that I saw? I was taken aback a bit of that very reason you speak of? that kind of rank for one plt.or one series?

My SDI was a gunny, then we had 1 staff and 3 sgt E-5's all at the same time. 3 battalion at PI rocked.

It should have rocked.....it was Disneyland...

The name through me I was thinking Lynn as a male but Female Sorry for the fopr..

Never knew anyone who forgot their Boot Camp Platoon Number or DI's names.

Me either Sgt.Maj.

Oh I beg your pardon. I've met several people who didn't remember the platoon number, what battalion etc; they were phonies! No one will ever convince me that a real Marine forgets that...period! The only people that would get a pass by me is when the person has a mental problem!

As Russ would say..."just saying"

ORDO AD CHAO

Sorry to disagree with y'all but on another web sight and several Men claim to have lost the memories from combat in Nam. So if you want to persecute him go ahead but remember you may reach that point.. Me I remember every detail from DAY 1 till I graduated from Feb 12 to May 1, Platoon 114 Parris Island 1973

Thread Information