Family Night
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Night

Family Night

Last night we had family night with all of the poolees and their families. This was a lot of fun. We had a guest speaker who became very succesful after his Marine Corp. career. And we also got to meet the meanest Marine I have ever met.... Drill Instructor Sgt. Shnubbs (I'm not sure if that is exactly how you spell his name). He gave us a demonstration on how they "teach" recruits, and then gave us an overview of boot camp. All I have to say is that is probably the scariest guy I have ever met in my life. Parris Island here i come

Yea, our RSS is having the same exact special function in April. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Last night we had family night with all of the poolees and their families. This was a lot of fun. We had a guest speaker who became very succesful after his Marine Corp. career. And we also got to meet the meanest Marine I have ever met.... Drill Instructor Sgt. Shnubbs (I'm not sure if that is exactly how you spell his name). He gave us a demonstration on how they "teach" recruits, and then gave us an overview of boot camp. All I have to say is that is probably the scariest guy I have ever met in my life. Parris Island here i come
    yea but that D.I. isn't yours wait till you meet yours all I can say is tell him this D.I. is the scariest LOL

I went to family night a couple days ago too. Whew...that was intense. It was really helpful to get a glimpse as to what the Drill Instructors will be like at boot, though. I got to experience the Drill Instructors up close more than once that night. I guess I'm going to have to get used to that breath of theirs. lol

You have no idea what mean is.

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    yea but that D.I. isn't yours wait till you meet yours all I can say is tell him this D.I. is the scariest LOL
    His DI:
    Recruit, do you think I am scary? Do I scare you?

Recruit rg2o3:
    Sir, No, Sir! When this recruit was in DEP, there was a more scarier drill instructor, Sir!

His DI:
    Get on my quarter deck and push until you think I am the scariest MoFo out there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    His DI:

Recruit rg2o3:
    Sir, No, Sir! When this recruit was in DEP, there was a more scarier drill instructor, Sir!

His DI:
    Get on my quarter deck and push until you think I am the scariest MoFo out there!!!
    That is a good one he has no idea,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post
    I went to family night a couple days ago too. Whew...that was intense. It was really helpful to get a glimpse as to what the Drill Instructors will be like at boot, though. I got to experience the Drill Instructors up close more than once that night. I guess I'm going to have to get used to that breath of theirs. lol
    Hahaha. Just the other day one of the sergeants at the RSS was telling us about the breath of the DI's. "All they eat and drink is monster and snickers." Said it was god-awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    That is a good one he has no idea,lol.
    Obviously I have no idea when I have never been to PI. lol But im sure times will be good if you know what i mean lol.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    His DI:

Recruit rg2o3:

His DI:

I know I will be too afraid to say anything to my Drill Instructor, other than the words Yes, Sir! lol

Obviously I have no idea when I have never been to PI. lol But im sure times will be good if you know what i mean lol.
    You will never forget.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I've spent 5 months in DEP and I leave in 2 weeks. I never got a parents night, lol. I hear one of the guys leaving from my recruiting station with me is related to a DI there. Maybe, if we get that DI only he will be targeted. Ok, all jokes aside. (yes they were terrible jokes, I know) I nearly died laughing when some of the guys were reading off the info for bootcamp about 8 hours of sleep per night, DI's not cussing or hitting you and things of that nature.

Personally, I feel like i'm read to go. Not like I really have a choice, since I leave on the 30th lol.

Credits
    Savings
    For our family day we just talk to the Drill Instructor about what Parris Island was about. Recently though we had a eastern Pool Function and a male and female Drill Instructor from Parris Island came and gave us a G version. They said the minute we step off that bus its R until we walk off the parade deck as Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post
    Yah i had a mini boot camp quite a few months back and wow... I think I had some good ol 1 on 1 time with each DI... and I think a few times with the Female.. SHE WAS CRAZY AS HELL!!!! Id rather take a male DI anytime.

I love how poolees think all the DI's can do is make you get on the quarterdeck... but I guess thats what happens when you watch documentaries and don't see the real thing...

Thread Information