Family Night - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Family Night

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    If you are having a bad day...... you definitely need to log off this site before you handle something else wrong and get your arse handed to you on a silver platter.

Other than that, go visit the girlfriend and get your rocks off so you will calm down then log back on.
    Yes Gunny. I just want to say sorry. Thank you for all of the information you Marines have helped me with before, no disrespect meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Well said Sgt, that another thing that gets me. Poolees that get butt hurt when you say something simple...what happens when a DI is in their face telling them their mother is a...well I don't want to ruin the surprise
    You got that right Marine, it's about time they get thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Yes Gunny. I just want to say sorry. Thank you for all of the information you Marines have helped me with before, no disrespect meant.
    Not to mess with you again, but a poolie doesn't call a Gy/Sgt, Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by sscjoe View Post
    Not to mess with you again, but a poolie doesn't call a Gy/Sgt, Gunny
    Im quite sorry, we are aloud to at our RSS. I'm sorry once again because youre right, that is disrespectful. Im sorry Gunnery Sergeant.

Not to nitpick, but you will also never tell a Gunnery Sergeant "Sorry" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    I've spent 5 months in DEP and I leave in 2 weeks. I never got a parents night, lol. I hear one of the guys leaving from my recruiting station with me is related to a DI there. Maybe, if we get that DI only he will be targeted. Ok, all jokes aside. (yes they were terrible jokes, I know) I nearly died laughing when some of the guys were reading off the info for bootcamp about 8 hours of sleep per night, DI's not cussing or hitting you and things of that nature.

Personally, I feel like i'm read to go. Not like I really have a choice, since I leave on the 30th lol.
    Anyone know if they still do scuz games at boot? Where they close all the portholes (which makes a squadbay turn into an oven), turn off the lights, and make everyone shut up so the highers ups think the squad bay is empty?

Achped, I dont think thats all they can do.. I just know at the mini boots they seem to do it as much as possible...? Of course i would have nothing to compare this to you so Ill agree with you. Many poolees including myself before have thought thats boot camp.. You stand there and get picked out one by one to get quarterdecked... I guess we will all learn soon enough.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I used to think that for a while, but just think about it. At the mini boot camps they do it in front of parents, recruiters and at mine there were Airman walking by(Air Force base), a Sgt Major and MGySgt. At PI or SD it's only you and your Drill Instructors. I guess that's why Marines say Marines are made in the squadbay and what happens in the platoon, stays in the platoon.

Ooopps, I just shat myself from thinking that will be me in a week...

Thread Information