Hello all! Just signed up for this and was hoping I could get some help : ) Not sure if this is the right section for this....
My fiance and I are getting married in a few weeks then we are going to move to his first duty station at twentynine palms. I am just wondering if others have lived there or do live there. I was looking at places to live off base in palm springs. The only thing we are having trouble with is the commute. I called someone down there and they said that they commute to base from palm springs a lot and it takes them about 45 minutes. Now when I look up google maps it says it takes an hour and a half, and then it takes another hour and a half to get to the middle of the base. I am confused by this because that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I am wondering if anyone would like to clarify this for me or have any other suggestions of what we do or places to live. I really don't want to live out in a small town near base and he doesn't want to live on base, so I am trying to find some options for us.
Thanks so much.
~Hilary