Company Commander?
Create Post

Company Commander?

Well it seem's like the time has come for my AJROTC unit to have our RFI. I am pretty confident but I am also kind of nervous. I am Alpha Company Commander and I have not been told what I am supposed to do when we have a whole Battalion inspection(same as company but with a battalion)? If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I am squared away(uniform, cadets)I just need the job description so I can utilize/relay it. I need to get it to my C/1SG,C/LT's,C/SFC's before friday.

speak with your instructor, he/she will have the exact answer and better insight

Sorry I forgot to mention this but I already asked them and they told me that they where to busy to handle it and to ask staff. Well our C/Staff is horrible and they wouldn't/didn't(I asked)know.

ht tps : // w ww. us army jr otc .com / jr otc / dt

search that site... you will probably find it there

Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    Well it seem's like the time has come for my AJROTC unit to have our RFI. I am pretty confident but I am also kind of nervous. I am Alpha Company Commander and I have not been told what I am supposed to do when we have a whole Battalion inspection(same as company but with a battalion)? If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I am squared away(uniform, cadets)I just need the job description so I can utilize/relay it. I need to get it to my C/1SG,C/LT's,C/SFC's before friday.
    No time to be nervous wait until a Full bird Col. and SgtMajor stand in front of you,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    No time to be nervous wait until a Full bird Col. and SgtMajor stand in front of you,lol.
    Haha, been there before Sgt. I was in NJROTC and for out Annual Inspection my senior year, we had a USMC Col. as the Inspecting Officer. And it didnt help that i was the Unit XO, and our CO was sick that day. So i had to take over...

Quote Originally Posted by usmc2007 View Post
    Haha, been there before Sgt. I was in NJROTC and for out Annual Inspection my senior year, we had a USMC Col. as the Inspecting Officer. And it didnt help that i was the Unit XO, and our CO was sick that day. So i had to take over...
    That's a little different try it as a Marine I was about to get out of the Corps and that same Col. ripped one Marine a new butt he had just got out of boot camp and got a bulldog tat that said Never Again USMC, that Col. blew a gasket I thought it sounded like boot camp again that boot was chitting bricks,lol.

Well Colonel Betancourt is coming and he is bringing Sgt.Maj Curry.

Try having the base CG doing your final inspection at bootcamp. The battalion commander was TAD so MajGen Huly stood in for him so it was pretty interesting seeing all these recruits sh!t themselves when a damn two star posts himself in front of them and asks them their knowledge. It was pretty funny.

Just another quick story...I was a newly minted PFC, my first week in Iraq during my very first deployment and what does my command do to me? They send me to brief General (then MajGen) Mattis on the current situation in Fallujah. Talk about wanting to crawl into the corner and suck your thumb. It went well and I learned after that that General's are just people too and I never had any problem speaking to/briefing any of them. It's funny to see how people react when put into a situation like that for the first time though.

ya being fresh in, having to brief the General, is alot different then just bein told you gotta go speak with the General(well on second thought if i was told the General wanted to speak with me id be thinkin i f'ed up really bad...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    Well Colonel Betancourt is coming and he is bringing Sgt.Maj Curry.
    For some reason, as someone in JROTC, high ranking military don't seem all too high. I have a full bird Colonel 28years and a Command Master Chief 30years in charge of the NJROTC I was in, and talking to them didn't seem all too intimidating, but now that I am a Marine, being in the presence of a Colonel or Sergeant Major makes me get a little nervous. Once you are actually in the military, the ranking structure is far more greater.

But to answer your question, atleast for what we did in my NJROTC, the XO just sounded off "Batalion, (extremly longated of course) AHHHten-hut" or "Parade..Rest".

Okay thank you.

For some reason, as someone in JROTC, high ranking military don't seem all too high. I have a full bird Colonel 28years and a Command Master Chief 30years in charge of the NJROTC I was in, and talking to them didn't seem all too intimidating, but now that I am a Marine, being in the presence of a Colonel or Sergeant Major makes me get a little nervous. Once you are actually in the military, the ranking structure is far more greater.

But to answer your question, atleast for what we did in my NJROTC, the XO just sounded off "Batalion, (extremly longated of course) AHHHten-hut" or "Parade..Rest".
    I know exactly what you mean, you become good friend wit your instructors and instructors from your whole region. I am a well liked cadet in my region, I know most of the instructors as friends and we talk. I rember at JCLC(AJROTC summer camp) there was a Marine there(Sgt Maj Suggs) he carried himself differnetly than every other insrtuctor.

back when i was in high school we had a Sgt Maj(ret) Tellis, a Master Chief, and a Lt Col., cant honestly remember the names of the other two instructors but Sgt Maj Tellis his name will always be embeded in my head,

Thread Information