www.mapmyrun.com a great training site.
Create Post

www.mapmyrun.com a great training site.

I posted this here but, it's a great tool for Marines as well.

This site is absolutely fee!

www.mapmyrun.com is a training website that allows you to map out and record your own runs (also hikes, bikes and whatever else that requires you to move your body outdoors) and save them to an interactive training log.

The maps are from google and you can trace a route you just ran or plan to run and add waypoints and/or notes.

You can view you maps in several different modes. A regular street map, a satellite map, hybrid of the two, relief map and even a terrain map (the kind you'll be using in the Marines).

Maps are also down loadable to your gps or gps capable phone or you can go the other way and run, use your gps to record the run then upload the run to your account.

There is also a monthly training log that allows you to add all your work outs to daily entries. It'll calculate your pace and Kcals burned. What's great is that you can add almost any kind of pt session you can think of, not just mapped runs. I lift and use my stationary bike and those are on there every day as well. And it also calculates your caloric burn for those activities if need be.

The training log also allows you to keep track of the Kcals you take in and calculates how much fat you may be burning. It also allows you to record your heart rates, how much you're sleeping, what shoes your wearing et cetera. You can also add a written log each day to record specifics and even set goals.

It's also a community that you allows you to link up with other people in your area or share with friends across the world (ie your fellow poolees or Marines).

So, check it out. Being a proactive and keeping a log is one of the best ways to manage your fitness routine.

And best of all, it's free.

Good post Corporal!

To hell with that.
    Poolees can practice their running pace count.

One of the things I'd like to do with my company is provide outdoor orienteering classes.

I think I would let poolees join up for free.

Thread Information