Demolition? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demolition?

ya, drop the proshooter, im not goin around callin you 1991 am i? you dont see me goin around callin other Marines Sarge or hey Staffy....... play it safe not to get on anyones bad sad until youve been around the site long enough to joke around and all, stick with their rank for Marines or their entire nick on here for poolees.....like...longrange1991 or FutureMarine91

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange1991 View Post
    Thanks for the info ProShooter, luckily they have pens and paper now, making contracts in stone must have taken FOREVER lol

And you don't need to be a smarta55 either. You may sign up as an 03xx and then when it comes judgement time......food service for thr good of the Corps. What are you gonna do then. Cry breach of contract and get out?

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    And you don\'t need to be a smarta55 either. You may sign up as an 03xx and then when it comes judgement time......food service for thr good of the Corps. What are you gonna do then. Cry breach of contract and get out?
    How was I being smarta55? I was just refering to the old saying \"set in stone\" but again, I appologize.

I am an 0351 and i gotta tell you, the chances of you actually dealing with demo after you leave ITB are slim to none. youll be lucky if you even get to fire your SMAW. most 0351s are doing MOUT with the 11s. afghan may be a different story right now, i could see the SMAW being a bit more useful. if you really want to deal with demo, ditch the sniper idea, put in your time as a grunt, or food service, then once you are an NCO, submit a package for EOD. your life is demo. been to a few ranges with those guys to help get rid of some class3 ammo while out here on deployment, and they live a good life. demo is where its at, but the only thing theyve really been blowing up out here is old ammo.
    oh yea, food service aint that bad. at least youll pick up some rank...

if you attempt EOD, make sure you don't UNK out of the school, they'll put you in ammo tech..... you'll be counting, yes, counting ammo your next contract.

working at ASPs suck from what I hear.

there was a Sgt who wen to the ASP at night (don't ask me why) while I was on 43 area guard, and our react team got a trigger on the silent alarm, so they all went there and surrounded the place... the Sgt thought we were storming the ASP (on base... come on) and since he was in civies we thought he broke in (for us, it was our job) so everyone was in condition 1 ready to kill this guy and he had a pistol ready to shoot back... he didn't identify himself when we told him to... he said, no YOU identify YOURSELVES.... mind you, I think this guy is a retard.... so the only reason nohting happened was because this guy called the OOD saying someone was storming the ASP... and the OOD called him an idiot, that it was the react team because the dumb Sgt set off the silent alarm.... so the Sgt got detained and processed by us, and we cleared the ASP when the OOD got there, and we locked everything back up.... I don't think that Sgt was a Sgt after that.... I think he was attempting to steal ammo.

I have a question, it is totally off topic from this thread, but I do not want to clutter the board with questions.

I was looking at Marine ranking (I still do not know them from memory)
    I found this site here
    http://www.military-quotes.com/ranks...k-insignia.htm

Could someone please explain why the E8 and E9s are split into different ranks, but are on the same pay grade. From what I gathered it is based on the job, could someone clear this up for me?

Thanks

different jobs in the Corps

a Master Sgt and Master Gunnery Sgt are specific MOS jobs... they stay in their original Job field... where as a First Sgt and Sgt Major go into administrative billets that assist company and field grade officers (general as well... oops) to run their respective command.

First Sgts are at the company level and basically aid the CO (captain and below) in running the day to day operations, implement the COs orders, enforce the UCMJ, and make recomendations to the CO when asked or feels the CO is going down the wrong path (which sometimes ends a career.... no always)

the Sgt Major does the same thing but he strives for the better billet... and it's battalion/wing level and higher... they deal with company and general grade officers (Major up to General)

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    a Master Sgt and Master Gunnery Sgt are specific MOS jobs... they stay in their original Job field... where as a First Sgt and Sgt Major go into administrative billets that assist company and field grade officers (general as well... oops) to run their respective command.

First Sgts are at the company level and basically aid the CO (captain and below) in running the day to day operations, implement the COs orders, enforce the UCMJ, and make recomendations to the CO when asked or feels the CO is going down the wrong path (which sometimes ends a career.... no always)

the Sgt Major does the same thing but he strives for the better billet... and it's battalion/wing level and higher... they deal with company and general grade officers (Major up to General)
    So if a Master GYSGT wants to be a SGT Major how does he do that, I have heard of it before it would have to done to be SGT Major of The Marine Corps?

Just to elaborate a bit further, the 1Sgt and SgtMaj billets are similar to personnel management billets. They would be the top enlisted man in the unit level's chain of command.

While Msgt and MGygt are technical expertise positions. They are masters of their particular MOS and the subject matter experts. They often set policy and training standards. If Yoda were a Marine, he'd be a Master Gunny. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post
    Just to elaborate a bit further, the 1Sgt and SgtMaj billets are similar to personnel management billets. They would be the top enlisted man in the unit level's chain of command.

While Msgt and MGygt are technical expertise positions. They are masters of their particular MOS and the subject matter experts. They often set policy and training standards. If Yoda were a Marine, he'd be a Master Gunny. LOL.

Yoda is to short to be a Marine. He can't reach the carriage in the pitts.

lol thats why they would use him as the weight if it breaks he can just sit up there

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter View Post
    lol thats why they would use him as the weight if it breaks he can just sit up there

Use pasties and put him in the X ring. Then see how good his Jedi powers are.

just get every Marine sighting in on the one target and comence firing at same time

Thread Information