Broke the news to the parents today, i thought I made the right decision.. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    what they are doing is relaying what they know about the Navy, and ONLY the Navy, as Gunny said they havent ever been in the Marine Corps, so how the He11 would they know what we are all about, if you want to know how things really are, this is deffinately the place to go, you have Devil Dogs that have done their full careers and gotten out and you also have the ones that just got hom from Boot...so you have a wide variety of experiences....take it for what it is, ya every thing in life you will have the good with the bad, but how many jobs out there will supply your A$$ with a bed and a roof over your head and a steady meal and paycheck?..... offer you a great work out program, always get to meet new people and create great life lasting bonds , theres alot of great things...but klike i said with the good comes the bad, but you will have that anywhere, and the bad aint so bad, mostly more like boredom, and from time to time gettin your ass reamed but it aint that bad you take it and roll with the punches, oh ya, and the hurry up aint wait method we do sucks, but no biggie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Study up on some of thse Famous Marines that have gone onto greater Leadership Duties.

If this kid really wanted to join the most unique brotherhood in the world, then he would have done it by now. I am beginning to look at it in two different directions. 1) Has no clue what to do with his life 2) Looking for attention from his family. Hopefully its the first and not the second.

The choice is yours. I am not a recruiter and will never try to be. I just tell it like it is with me and my first life as being active duty. Knowing what I know now, I hope my kids join the Marine Corps when they grow up. That is if they have a desire to serve. If not, then thats ok to. I just know that the best decission I ever made in my life was joining the Corps. Even if I had just done my first enlistment and got out, I would have walked out the door knowing I was a better man than when I went in.

Your life and your decission there "brandnew". Let us know what you finally decide to do.

Thread Information