Advice to poolees, esp... females
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice to poolees, esp... females

1. Start eating 3 pieces of fruit and at least 1 cup of yogurt a day... this will help you with your metabolism and in turn helps with your exercise pre bootcamp.

2. Do not bring anything except your id, glasses, hairgel and the clothing on your back...otherwise it goes in a brown paperbag for 3 months.

3. Either practice gelling the crap out of your hair and sockbunning it or cut it short! I cut mine short and loved it...it stayed out of the way and the DIs didn't bother me.

4. Practice running pre bootcamp....get good running shoes.

5. Remember slow is smooth and smooth is fast...so just take a breath and try it because if you get it right the first time you won't mess up.

6. Stop at 5!

Good advice, I've obviously never been to female recruit training but Ive always heard the stories about what females brought to boot camp...lol...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    mj - you a reservist?

Ha, Achped it was hilarious when we went to pick up our stuff at the end. Some people packed the entire house which was pretty crazy...

Marine84 I signed up for active duty, didn't want to go the reservist route!

question...what about birth control? I was told that you can continue taking it during boot camp because if they make everyone stop taking it their hormornes will go crazy. So do you take it with you or will you get it prescribed by a doctor there?

I'm sure it's for medical reasons only... just 'cause you don't want to get all emotional doesn't mean the DIs give a rats asz... besides... when you get a bunch of women together, your time of the month starts to become the same time.... imagine that... 80 women ****ed off at men... and they wonder why they seperate them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shnon89 View Post
    question...what about birth control? I was told that you can continue taking it during boot camp because if they make everyone stop taking it their hormornes will go crazy. So do you take it with you or will you get it prescribed by a doctor there?
    You can bring it with you, but unless it's for a "health" reason, you won't be allowed to take it. As far as the "hormones go crazy" thing, that happens anyway, no amount of bc is going to help that.

They will prescribe bc at bootcamp for you but you won't receive it until the end of 3rd phase.

for obvious reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by shnon89 View Post
    Why would you need birth control in boot camp?

you need to start taking it for a week or so before it's "effective" it's intended for AFTER boot camp knuckle head.

I've always been sure that any female has been taking it for 2 months before I try anything.

But then again I learned my lesson and I just wrap it up anyways. Women are all liars.

all women are not liars...keep it wrapped everyone knows barrier method is most reliable
    i was curious about the birth control thing myself...i need it to maintain my cycle...so you dont get it until 3rd phase? Dang i sure hope the di's scare me and stress me bad enough that it doesnt come around until 3rd phase.

... if it's medical you'll be able to take it, but talk to your recruiter about what kind of documentation you'll need...

as for barrier methond... my daughter was concieved using the barrier methond... and it didn't break either. it really does say on the package that it's 94% reliable......

sooooo, do both if you're for real.

I was meaning for STD's not preventing pregnancy...my fingers type and send messages faster than my brain can read it. But once again thanks for the advice. I have been looking for females on here to help me with this.

Um, well we were talking about birth control... not STD control... so you can see why you confused us.

stay on topic!!!! damn you woman! hahaha... you can get great information from the motivated COMMDOG7.... she's a Sgt and can give you fleet knowledge of how things go... while the motivates MJS can give you great up-to-date training info.... for women on both counts.

Thread Information