Advice to poolees, esp... females - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by agwilliams View Post
    all women are not liars...keep it wrapped everyone knows barrier method is most reliable
    i was curious about the birth control thing myself...i need it to maintain my cycle...so you dont get it until 3rd phase? Dang i sure hope the di's scare me and stress me bad enough that it doesnt come around until 3rd phase.
    You're lieing right now! Women are liars! They lie about their weight, their age, number of partners, and if they meet that guy with a meal ticket...their birth control usage.

and only a sucker believes a woman Achped.... lesson learned, move on.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs2000us View Post
    Marine84 I signed up for active duty, didn't want to go the reservist route!
    Just wondering cause when I checked your profile the first time, your occupation wasn't mechanic. And I see your profile pic has changed - do you not have one of yourself in uniform to post?

As far as needing the pill to control your cycle - if you're like most women, your period is going to stop while you're in boot camp anyway so you won't be needing to control your cycle. You sure as hell won't need it for birth control while you're there.

Wow this post turned out different than I expected...but thanks for the replies. As far as my intial post...thats just what I heard. I don't care either way but its nice to know what to expect.

take one the day you ship.

Quote Originally Posted by shnon89 View Post
    question...what about birth control? I was told that you can continue taking it during boot camp because if they make everyone stop taking it their hormornes will go crazy. So do you take it with you or will you get it prescribed by a doctor there?
    If they don't let you take it after that, you will probably start your cycle, but you really won't care about any hormone changes. I didn't have my cycle again until three months after I graduated.
    You should start taking BC again immediately after graduation, even if your not cycling. Last thing you need is to get preggars on your first leave.

I know its been awhile for this post but I found this on http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil Recruits receive both medical and dental exams throughout the week. All prescription medication will be re-evaluated by a military doctor upon arrival. If the doctor determines that the prescription is necessary, the civilian medication will be taken away, and the recruit will be re-issued the medication by the military pharmacy. This includes birth control pills. Women are usually encouraged to continue taking birth control pills while recruit training, if they took them before coming to the depot, to ensure that their system maintains its regular cycle.

Thread Information