Answer to a DI question - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    When the Drill Instructor tells you to do Mountain Climbers, do however many you can till you get tired. Then stand at Attention. Then when the DI tells you What the he!! you're doing, tell him, "This recruit reached the top of the Mountain SIR!"

actually that will 7/10 times get you off the quarter deck the first time you do that.... after that they will just tell you to do something else.... but if you do it and you don't have a pool of sweat under you (literally) then they will think you are cheese dicking it.

which reminds me, start practicing diamond push-ups.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    no, tell him that Obama hasn't repealed the don't ask, don't tell policy yet so you are obligated to not answer that question.
    So basically your telling me to say this to a DI "This recruit will say the don't ask don't tell policy Sir!" I have a feeling that they will not like that answer.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by C BAKER View Post
    So basically your telling me to say this to a DI "This recruit will say the don't ask don't tell policy Sir!" I have a feeling that they will not like that answer.
    I have a feeling they won't like any of our answers for any of their questions.
    IT'S A TRAP!!!

When you get to Boot Camp keep your pie hole shut and eyes and ears open.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    I have a feeling they won't like any of our answers for any of their questions.
    IT'S A TRAP!!!

You discovered the secret. It IS a trap. And they WON'T like any of your answers, no matter how correct. It's a phase (literally), you'll get past it with positive attitude and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by UsmcMotorT View Post
    When the Drill Instructor tells you to do Mountain Climbers, do however many you can till you get tired. Then stand at Attention. Then when the DI tells you What the he!! you're doing, tell him, "This recruit reached the top of the Mountain SIR!"
    There is actually a flaw with that strategy, Sgt. If I were a D.I. I would simply tell the recruit to dbl time in place his a*s back off my mountain. And when he stopped again...back up he goes!!!

you gotta let the kid go once in a cycle for trying that.... it takes guts...

but it'll only work once.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    There is actually a flaw with that strategy, Sgt. If I were a D.I. I would simply tell the recruit to dbl time in place his a*s back off my mountain. And when he stopped again...back up he goes!!!
    "Oh really recruit, the mountain just grew, get on your face"

Credits
    Savings
    Is that right? Back on the block? Just doing what ever the hell we want right?

Take off your blouse, empty your pockets! On the quarter deck!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Complete tangent but I can't stand to have stuff in my pockets. Boot camp and beyond taught me that. Walking around with a green monster in one pocket and a boot brush and moonbeam in the other pretty much sucks. Still to this day if I'm driving or whatever I carry just the key. Miniature rubics cube and 9 other junkets on the key ring aint going in my pocket. You want to hang all that crap off your belt loop like a janitor then more power to ya.

Back on topic ... if you get asked them squirelly questions then you have in some way already singled yourself out and no matter what you say you are going to the house of pain. World tour means that you are going to visit every pitt on the depot and it won't be fun. Stack arms ... bends and thrusts push ups, on your back, on your stomach on your back leg lifts... get on the grinder ... don't even bother marching just route step A to B to the next one ... stack arms side straddle hops, push ups moutain climbers.... back on the parade deck ... I aint calling cadence for you non drilling pukes just mob it to the next pitt route step.

it's reveille to all the sand fleas!!!!

Why does that bring back good memories for me? Only in the Marine Corps!

Thread Information