Answer to a DI question - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    that's evil... around the world, glad I never had to do that... though Mike company was doing that so our Senior sent us out there so they couldn't be in our pit... it was funny our senior told us to get in the pit while the other guys were getting toasted... some of us started pushing Mike company out and their DIs started chewing ass... mostly ours... saying his recruits have more time than us so we shouldn't be touching them... that was funny... we kept doing it anyways.

which reminds me of a story.

when we were getting that butt shot that we had to rock back and forth on I remember a Corpsman or naval whatever on the blue side tell us to sing row-row-row your boat, and he saw I wasn't singing it... he asked me why I wasn't singing it and I told him that song is for queers and sailors... he went and told a DI, the DI asked who it was, so the guy told me to stand up, the DI laughed and told me to sit down... My senior found out and he made it a point to make me a squad leader.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What's an around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    What's an around the world?
    A vacation from your squadbay.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    A vacation from your squadbay.
    Oh, sounds like a blast.
    <------- It involves a lot of these.

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    Oh, sounds like a blast.
    <------- It involves a lot of these.

Yeah... if you take the smile off that one's face and replace it with sand, tears, sweat, blood, pain, terror and sand flea welts.

I know I missed something...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah... if you take the smile off that one's face and replace it with sand, tears, sweat, blood, pain, terror and sand flea welts.

I know I missed something...
    I knew I should have gone with this guy

yeah, you get a guided tour of your battalion....

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If I survive Boot, it will be the most worthwhile summer trip ever.

In reply to the original post, I was talking to one of my buddies who got back. Basically, there are wrong answers and there are WRONG answers when questions like that come up.

TBIT.... go for mechanic... but unfortunately... the MOS is closed........... that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    yeah, you get a guided tour of your battalion....
    I've seen a few make it to 4th Battalion, SSgt, lol.

...... that's litterally a drive to the other side of the island..... I really don't want to know, it hasn't been two years since you've been out of boot yet.... I don't want them getting in trouble.

ya i loved the fact that our DIs told us NOT to obey orders from DI's from other platoons so theyd try to get in our face adn tell us to do **** and we wouldnt and theyd get ****ed and start goin on n on and wed try our damnedest not to break bearing cause it would be hilarious i had to go through that a few times and only a few of us had the balls to stand there and say Sir, this recruit was instructed to disregard all of (Senior)Drill Instructor (fill in blank)'s orders. cause they absolutely hated it and most were afraid to not do it and theyd always do it and theyd get QD'd later for it

QD'd??? try IT'd... it's not hazing.

When in formation outside the squadbay after "Fall In" a drill instructor from another platoon would sometimes appear behind us and issue orders. The first time we executed another drill instructor's orders we were IT'd... by the books... until we died... figuratively speaking of course.

I remember during SDI square-away time some recruit would pipe off with some little thing that he swears he saw a Drill Instructor do. You know, peanut butter packet somewhere in the rack, the sticker off an apple on a rack post, something like that. Of course the refrain was, "That doesn't happen in the Marine Corps, it must have been a dream, recruit!"

It goes without saying that you fail a lot of tests during first phase. Bearing, SDI inspection, initial drill, knowledge... basically everything. Just learn that your standards are not the same as your drill instructor's.

Just learn that your standards are not the same as your drill instructor's.
    Poolee's, this is the key take away from what NoRemorse posted. For the first phase, you will not do anything correctly, even if you are doing it correctly. Do not take it personal and remember that your drill instructors have a purpose for everything they do, even if it is not obvious to you. Just accept that what you're going through is for the betterment of not only yourself but your platoon. Team work is the over arching goal here and until you all learn it, things will only get tougher.

Thread Information