Info on MOS 2111
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Info on MOS 2111

Ok, so I know basically what Small Arms Repair is, but like everyone else, I'm looking for more info. Basically, what is it like day-to-day, and I read on some other forum somewhere that they sometimes do combat positions, like actually in the field kind of deal, true or false? I'm doing it anyways, but want to know. Thanks for any replies.

Sounds like you will be working in the Armory.

well put it this way i cant speak first hand ive never been in the MOS, but do you think they repair themselves over in Country?

Job Description: Small arms repairer/technician in the grade of Private through Lance Corporal, under supervision, performs basic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, less vehicular mounted weapons. The small arms repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant level the small arms repairer/technician performs, trains, and supervises various duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, to include vehicular mounted small arms. The small arms repairer/technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises a shop maintenance and management program and coordinates maintenance and repair of small arms according to grade.
    Job Requirements:
    (1) Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
    (2) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID AOIGBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course. In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2111. Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active reserve billet in MOS 2111.
    (3) Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
    (4) Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition, and Explosive (AA and E) screening.
    (5) No conviction by court-martial, civilian court or nonjudicialjudgement of any act involving larceny, theft, or drugs.
    (6) Complete the Small Arms Repair Course.
    (7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
    Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
    Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
    Gunsmith 632.281.010.
    Yup, armory

I actually knew a couple guys in the armory would made good money having Marine pay them to clean their rifles for them, lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for the info. I already went on to ************* and everything. I was going for the last question more than the others. Just wanted to know if there is a chance of going on patrols and stuff.

i asked that question when I was thinking about that MOS,as far as i've found the anwser is not really,you may go out as part of a provisional rifle team but other than that you will probably just be standing post or in the armory,you work alot of hours and paperwork is a big part of the job.If your looking for outside the wire action 2111 isn't going to get you much.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks. I like working with weapons, and paperwork doesn't bother me. I was looking at Infantry, but I wanted I also wanted a job skill for after the Marines and there's not many Infantry positions in the civilian world. Thanks for the info.

lol not many?.....do you know how easy it is for a grunt to get into law enforcement, or into firefighter positions and other stuff as well just simply based off knowing how chain of commands work already and structures and knowing that they are already physically fit for the job, also driving jobs , but what it really comes down to is what you really want to do, if youre lookin to build skills, what skills are you wanting to build,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I did look into Law Enforcement after the Marines. I'm in a class right now for it. But no matter what job I do in the Corps, I still have to go to school to be a Law Enforcement Officer. I just wanted another skill as well. Again, thanks for all the answers.

they still require you to go to school?.... i went through the sheriffs dept, and the only reason i didnt get on is because they knew i was gonna get deployed the next year, and the only type of schooling was police academy which youll have to do either way they dont require college credits it jsut helps you if you have them

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In Maine, as far as I know, you have to have a B.S. Degree, and have to go through the 100 hour course for Sheriff's Dept. and 18 Week Course for State Police and a college degree is needed. Thanks again.

well thats true they may jsut have diff requirements i didnt think of that, that sucks though. good luck with everything i hope you get your **** figured out asap on what you want and all

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiablo View Post
    Ok, so I know basically what Small Arms Repair is, but like everyone else, I'm looking for more info. Basically, what is it like day-to-day, and I read on some other forum somewhere that they sometimes do combat positions, like actually in the field kind of deal, true or false? I'm doing it anyways, but want to know. Thanks for any replies.

I was a 2111 Armorer on my first enlistment...be glad to answer any questions you might have....

I was a 2111 and I did go to the field just like a 0311 as I was that also. You can get some wire time and then again it depends on the situation is and if there is problems with weapons at the time also

Thread Information