Injuries
Create Post

Thread: Injuries

Injuries

I was just wondering. If an 03 in the fleet, not deployed, just on base running exercises in the field, does something like tears an ACL or breaks a bone, requiring surging, or basically something one couldn't just "walk off," What happens? Are they medically discharged or just given an extended period of leave for surgery an recovery? How does that work?

It depends on how badly you are injured.

Say, a torn ACL, requiring surgery and 6-8months recovery

There is always something at your unit for you to do during your recovery time.

Quote Originally Posted by cfinch189 View Post
    I was just wondering. If an 03 in the fleet, not deployed, just on base running exercises in the field, does something like tears an ACL or breaks a bone, requiring surging, or basically something one couldn't just "walk off," What happens? Are they medically discharged or just given an extended period of leave for surgery an recovery? How does that work?
    They stand duty, and if they don't recover, they don't deploy.

Possibly reclassification?

We had a guy in 3/2 that was hurt like once every three months. He became an expert at cleaning all the Weapons Company gear and equipment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfinch189 View Post
    Taking under consideration that you are a civillian, That is a good question. The Corps, as all other branches, takes care of thier injured people. As stated, there are several types of duty you can perform for your Bn/company/platoon even if you are on crutches. Once the final diagnosis and treatment have run it's course they will either find you "fit for duty" or they will Board you possibly, and up to, discharged medically.

But just because you get hurt, you don't sit on your duff or go home to heal, by using the sickbay commandos on limited duty, such as duty NCO or working in the Armory, that frees up other Marines that would have to pull that type duty. I spent 9 months in recovery from an injury in Nam, I was a Brig Chaser and office pog until the board made it's decision to dischrarge me.

Dave

Ahhh I see. Thanks Marines, I appreciate it.

Thread Information