Ever meet an Indic Marine?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ever meet an Indic Marine?

Just wondering really. My parents are both from India and I've had this on going discussion with some friends if there has ever been any Indian Marines. Has anyone ever encountered one?

I'm sure there are Indian Marines out there, whether or not literally from India or descended from parents who lived there, there has to be.

I keep up my hope of also finding an Australia born Marine one day as well.

Just about every race, religion and creed has joined our ranks. When I was in boot we had a fellow recruit who was of Indian decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwarkeh View Post
    Just about every race, religion and creed has joined our ranks. When I was in boot we had a fellow recruit who was of Indian decent.
    The Marine Corps is very diverse. I went to MOS school with a Marine who came over from africa. He and his family was rescued by Marines during the somolia conflict and he was so inspired that he came here to join and do the same. It turned out our instructor was the Marine that helped his family escape harm and gave them the ride to safety.It was a real "Lifetime" tear jerking moment but only for a second

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThundaFromUnda View Post
    I keep up my hope of also finding an Australia born Marine one day as well.
    Met one that lived in the Squid Pen across from our barracks in Millington in 84...................loved that accent!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There is a science teacher at my school who was born in Nigeria, came to the US, and then enlisted in the USMC.

The son of Mohamed Farrah Aidid (Somali warlord, target of the Battle of Mogadishu), Hussein Mohamed Farrah, enlisted in the USMC, served, and then went back to Somalia. Oh, the irony.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Spent a couple weeks training with the ghurkas does that count?

I went to boot with an Indian American from Alabama, hard core guy, he was skilled in drill and rifle tossing. Also I went to SOI with a Pakistani from New York.

I knew a RTO that was from India,

One of my buddies @ ITB was Indian. Another one was Pakastani.

I'm a Marine from Bangladesh. We had an Indian guy in my platoon, and I saw 2 other South Asians when i went to religious services.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldonado 2060 View Post
    The Marine Corps is very diverse. I went to MOS school with a Marine who came over from africa. He and his family was rescued by Marines during the somolia conflict and he was so inspired that he came here to join and do the same. It turned out our instructor was the Marine that helped his family escape harm and gave them the ride to safety.It was a real "Lifetime" tear jerking moment but only for a second

lol..Im sure it turned into a LIFETIME moment, right before the instructor killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishi J View Post
    Just wondering really. My parents are both from India and I've had this on going discussion with some friends if there has ever been any Indian Marines. Has anyone ever encountered one?
    I'm Indian. Born there but raised here. My parents did have some reservations about me joining, but in the end, they let me go, seeing how I wasn't a kid anymore. I'm the first one in my whole family to do something like this.
    You're not alone.

What a stupid question.

I'm in Iraq with an Indian Marine. He smells and he's a turd and he's going to be a terminal lance, but its cool because he can talk to all the bus drivers and TCNs on Al Asad. You'd be surprised the things they call us right to our faces.

I've seen one when I went through Bootcamp.

Thread Information