How to get a closer shave with just a regular shaver
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How to get a closer shave with just a regular shaver

This is probably a silly question, but I have trouble getting a good shave without going over the same spot like ten times and giving myself razor burn from hell (no cream).

There are so many other things to worry about, but this is one of the things that just confuses the heck out of me.

I hit the forum as a Marine Friend but I am enlisting as soon as I get back from spring break and get to sign some papers. I'm actually working on my physical training and stuff now, hence the name.

If a question like this has already been answered, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Go against the grain. Or get a GOOD electric razor.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it is a real issue you can get this crap called magic shave. It is a powder you mix with water to make a paste and then smear the paste on your face and time it for two minutes then wash it off with cold water.... whiskers gone. Folks who get shaving bumps use it.

In your case just apply some moisturizing shaving cream and shave with a good razor then apply after shave when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboyintrainin View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but I have trouble getting a good shave without going over the same spot like ten times and giving myself razor burn from hell (no cream).

There are so many other things to worry about, but this is one of the things that just confuses the heck out of me.

I hit the forum as a Marine Friend but I am enlisting as soon as I get back from spring break and get to sign some papers. I'm actually working on my physical training and stuff now, hence the name.

If a question like this has already been answered, I'm sorry for wasting your time.
    I use to shave twice a day in the Corps because of my heavy beard make sure to moisten your face well before putting on the foam and DON'T go against the grain, I remember one day in boot camp this one recruit could never give himself a proper shave so the SDI had us all in the classroom and the SDI dry shaved that recruit, talk about a freaken blood mess, he took the pimples and all,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    I use to shave twice a day in the Corps because of my heavy beard make sure to moisten your face well before putting on the foam and DON'T go against the grain, I remember one day in boot camp this one recruit could never give himself a proper shave so the SDI had us all in the classroom and the SDI dry shaved that recruit, talk about a freaken blood mess, he took the pimples and all,lol.
    Ow, ow, ow. That imagery will haunt me.

I shave with a straight razor... wouldn't want the DI to get any ideas!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm sorry to bump this thread. I have a question.

I recently became a Poolee and I would like to know if there is a way to edit my registration status or if I have to ask an admin about that.

I tried going to the control panel but it did not have an option for that.

Thread Information