Damn Does it feel good..
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Damn Does it feel good..

Had PT this weekend, and while on the run and singing cadence we were passing by a old man..probably in his early 80's a little hunched over man. He had a veteran jacket on and his Navy ship cap on, and as we were approaching him he stood to the side stood up as straight as he could and saluted us as we ran by, that old man made me yell that cadence loud and proud..thanks old man..you gave this poolee some Moto to "keep on keepin' on"

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If that ever happens to you again, stop, shake his hand and say "Thank you for your Service, Sacrifice and my FREEDOM.
    Good Luck to you my friend,
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

I would have loved to do that L.Cpl, but I dont think I can just jump out of formation on a run with the Sgt yelling cadence at my side. I Just hope I see that old man again on a random walk and be able to thank him.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Story
    Once you Earn the Title of United States Marine you never forget and never forget to respect your brothers.
    It would have been good to have stopped and showed him some respect also. If you ever see him again you need to Salute him and shake his hand and probably welcome hm back home.
    You never know it might be his first Welcome Back Home Marine, after all it only took about twenty years for me to get mine.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    OLD MAN!!! -

Easy pup.

That OLD Man, nay, that PROUD VETERAN has more pizz and vinegar in his veins than most will ever see.

Respect him. Drop out, shake his hand and thank him for his service.

Your recruiter would approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnetics View Post
    I would have loved to do that L.Cpl, but I dont think I can just jump out of formation on a run with the Sgt yelling cadence at my side. I Just hope I see that old man again on a random walk and be able to thank him.

what is a Lance. Cpl ????? try LCpl, or as some old schools do L/Cpl...

it's not a name where you are using the first initial 'cause you don't want to spell it.

Had PT this weekend, and while on the run and singing cadence we were passing by a old man..probably in his early 80's a little hunched over man. He had a veteran jacket on and his Navy ship cap on, and as we were approaching him he stood to the side stood up as straight as he could and saluted us as we ran by, that old man made me yell that cadence loud and proud..thanks old man..you gave this poolee some Moto to "keep on keepin' on"

Good Sh!t.

Definitely good sh!t. That's a good example of why we all have or plan to serve in the military, especially the Marine Corps. For that service to country and everlasting BROTHERHOOD. Makes me so damn proud and can't wait.

As for welcoming veterans home, it's so important. I remember back in 8th grade our English teacher had veterans in. One was a Marine in Vietnam who was one of the "tunnel rats." I've heard many stories of the hell that was, let alone Vietnam itself. The lunch bell rang and everyone ran to the lunch room out the door, but I stayed and shook each of their hands, especially looking in that particular Marines eyes, and said "Welcome Home, Marine." You could just see the thankfulness in his eyes. It gave me chills.

Thanks for sharing your story of brotherhood between generations. Just shows you it will always be with you in life. STAY MOTO!!

You have alot to learn, he served his time, you have not.

That reminds me of a PT run I had at my last poole function. We were running through a parking lot nearing the end of our run, with the SSgt yelling the cadences. As we passed an extrememly old couple just about to enter their car, we all yelled something along hte lines of " AND WE SHOT HIS ASS DEAD" . Man the facial expression on that old lady was priceless. her jaw dropped acted like she saw a ghost that just offended the hell outa her haha.

probably more funny if you were there type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattjd View Post
    That reminds me of a PT run I had at my last poole function. We were running through a parking lot nearing the end of our run, with the SSgt yelling the cadences. As we passed an extrememly old couple just about to enter their car, we all yelled something along hte lines of " AND WE SHOT HIS ASS DEAD" . Man the facial expression on that old lady was priceless. her jaw dropped acted like she saw a ghost that just offended the hell outa her haha.

ROFL

That same kind of thing happened to me once too. We were running by kind-of old couple singing a really funny cadence about Jodies (cant remember how it goes). The lady had a "" kind of look on her face and the guy was just cracking up. It was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    what is a Lance. Cpl ????? try LCpl, or as some old schools do L/Cpl...

it's not a name where you are using the first initial 'cause you don't want to spell it.
    Will do, Sir.

I prefer to call them Lance Criminals...

All that's just fine and dandy.

I just love the PT. FEELS GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattjd View Post

"America doesn't need a Marine Corps, America wants a Marine Corps."

I know it was your recruiter that did that, but personaly I think thats not the wisest thing to do. Those old people could have been a senator, there goes my $$$ for new sapi plates.

Thread Information