leaving for MCRD in july have some questions
Create Post

Thumbs up leaving for MCRD in july have some questions

i just want to know:
    1. what are you issued when you get to parris island?
    2. Do you have to pay for any stuff that your issued there, (ex. camies, t-shirts, boots) once you leave boot camp.
    3. What uniforms do you get when you graduate. which ones do you have to pay for and how much are they (an approximate number).
    4. what are you alow to bring?

Last edited by thedrifter; 02-25-09 at 11:28 AM.

All the stuff they issue you, you eventually pay for, so pretty much you start out in the hole. Don't worry they'll make sure you get everything. As for the uniforms, you go down to a uniform issue point and they take your measurements, then you go and get all the uniforms. After that they look at you to see if you need it to be tailored. I believe the Dress Blues are the only issued item, at least when I went to bootcamp they were. What you bring should all be explained to you by your recruiter, but, basically what your wearing, all your paper work, you can bring your wallet if you want, they don't take it, but don't get caught with It out either, that's about all.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    As far as bringing things to boot camp, you are allowed to bring anything you want, but if you are allowed to keep it past receiving is something totally different.

Here's a sticky made by a DI that tells you everything you need to know.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25168

Ok poole look at my title, then tell me who needs this information, me or you. Plus why would you bring more than just the clothes on your body, what are you planning on bringing your playstation or something? You get what they call a money and valuables bag as big as your hand, and that's where you put your stuff they can't take from you, I.E. Wallet, glasses, rings (other than a wedding band) necklaces (other than religious pieces), everything else goes away.

heres your best bet....wanna know what i brought with me?...i brought my Drivers license and the clotheson my back...you dont need anythign else...everything else will either be thrown away or locked up until you get out of Paradise ....so best bet is to bring nothing..plus its alot quicker then having to worry bout bags youll see idiots with a big bag n crap n they dont need the stuff nor will the be able to use it....so dont bring it...save urself the time

Credits
    Savings
    Bring some snack food since they don't have any in the chow hall, hair dryers and gel are hard to come by at Parris Island so you might want to pack one of those along. Oh and don't forget at least a couple of cartons of cigareetes if you smoke. Seriously, a recruit in my Platoon brought his entire Army issue in a seabag, guess his recruiter didn't lock him on.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok poole look at my title, then tell me who needs this information, me or you. Plus why would you bring more than just the clothes on your body, what are you planning on bringing your playstation or something? You get what they call a money and valuables bag as big as your hand, and that's where you put your stuff they can't take from you, I.E. Wallet, glasses, rings (other than a wedding band) necklaces (other than religious pieces), everything else goes away.
    Whoa...I never said bring anything you want, that's why I directed him to the thread. I was making the point that you won't be able to keep any extra trash you bring so what would be the point of taking it with you.
    The only thing I'm going to bring is my SS card, drivers license and $10 held together by a rubber band.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpcaballero View Post
    i just want to know:
    1. what are you issued when you get to parris island?
    Everything you will need
    2. Do you have to pay for any stuff that your issued there, (ex. camies, t-shirts, boots) once you leave boot camp.
    Yes but you will be earning a paycheck while you are in boot
    3. What uniforms do you get when you graduate. which ones do you have to pay for and how much are they (an approximate number).
    See answer to question #1
    4. what are you alow to bring?
    $20 bucks and ID everything else needs to stay at home
    MCRD in July, boy are you going to sweat, hope you enjoy the heat.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Can't believe all the questions you poolee's ask
    Don't even know why I'm responding to this you "Maggot"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In 68 I just joined and let them worry about that
    They mailed your cloths home and you kept nothing, couldn't even wear your wedding ring (I did not know that if the Corps wanted me to have a wife they would issue me one)
    Don't worry about so much PI will take care of that. I went through in July also and it was hell but nothing compared to Nam.
    Pay attention and you'll get the best training your could ever get and you will possibly earn the title of U. S. Marine.
    P.S. Don't kill any sand flea's
    Semper Fi Redman1

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Bring some snack food since they don't have any in the chow hall, hair dryers and gel are hard to come by at Parris Island so you might want to pack one of those along. Oh and don't forget at least a couple of cartons of cigareetes if you smoke. Seriously, a recruit in my Platoon brought his entire Army issue in a seabag, guess his recruiter didn't lock him on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Your Killing me!!!!!
    DON'T FORGET YOUR X BOX 360.
    Your DI's will love you for it.
    It's one of there favorites when your sleeping.
    Ask the Firewatch on duty at night to wake you up so you can play to.

Semper Fi,

Rocky

Sigh, the humor of it all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Especially like the one about the hair dryer!!
    Don't forget to save all your sugar packets to pass around at night and especially give to the DI's.
    Semper Fi Redman1

DI's love peanut butter packets as well, so dont forget to save some for them.

so does anyone know how much you pay for the stuff get there?
    thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All your ass can give for thirteen weeks!!! (I think they take American Express)
    Semper Fi Redman1

Thread Information