Pool Function - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pool Function

Last saturday our poolee function was paintballing. On March 27 we are having a D.I Night. We were told to invite our family and friends for a night of entertainment... =)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    According to my recruiters we can't go paintballing because of safety or something. But if we happened to "meet" and go...

Every pool function that we have had that was considered dangerous we signed waivers for the USMC and the place we would be going to. Maybe mention that to them.

Our Poolee functions so far have been PT, followed by PT. and when we got back we did some PT. lol

On my last pool function we went to Pendelton and checked out the barracks and the mess hall and all of that kind of suff. Then Gunny proceeded to PT us into the ground......

My pool function (first) we did a little bit of MCMAPS. It involved us beating the crap out of each other's arms and legs to numb the nerves. Talk about being sore for the next few days. It was fun though. We also did some relays that were some what like the CFT (is that right?). I look forward to the next function.

lol...wait until you get into the real MCMAP......

Here are some of the things we've done, or are going to do, at pool functions:
    1.) Jeopardy (every wrong answer you do an exercise.)
    2.) Weekend camping trip with another RSS.
    3.) Combat Fitness Test.
    4.) Run the IST. Afterward had a seminar on MCMAP and practice a few of the basics.
    5.) Run the IST and then had a seminar on weapons.
    6.) A circuit course.
    7.) We were supposed to do a log obstacle course, and eat MREs, but that fell through.

And in November for the celebration of the Marine Corps birthday, we went to a local VFW lodge. Met some of the great people there, then one of the recruiters read the Commandant's message, had a ceremonial cutting of the cake, ate some of the cake, watched a movie, and learned about Marine customs and traditions.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What the hell. We do PT, followed by PT, maybe a little drill in there, followed by PT. I like it. We don't need your fancy stuff lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    What the hell. We do PT, followed by PT, maybe a little drill in there, followed by PT. I like it. We don't need your fancy stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGunz90 View Post
    shoot AT-4s, M16s etc.
    I'm skeptical. Unless yall just fire the practice 9mm rounds out of em.

kid....you dont even know what real PT is

lol ya id assume it was the 9mm as well...itd be too expensive otherwise

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    kid....you dont even know what real PT is
    Yes L/Cpl. Probably not, but that is all we ever do at my poolee meetings and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    Yes L/Cpl. Probably not
    DOUBLE NEGATIVE!!!

Okay, I'm REALLY bored!!!

Thread Information