Damn Does it feel good.. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I agree it went from motivating for someone coming into our Corps to rank police to something else, good luck Genetics!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnetics View Post
    YES SIR, VETERAN SIR

Gnetics,
    Job well done!!!!
    You took the SH*T and came out smelling like a Rose
    I know you will make a Fine Marine.
    Good Luck to you in your quest to "Earn The Title".
    I hear The Marines are looking for a few good men. I think they are speaking about YOU!!!!!
    Stay in touch,
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

ps. I still want you to get down and give me a Hundred (only kidding)

I have a similar story. About 6 months ago I was sitting at the American Legion and an elderly gentleman was sitting at the end of the bar. I was told that he was a WW2 Navy vet and witnessed the flag raising at Iwo Jima. I ceased all conversation with those around me and moved to sit beside this gentleman. He shared the story with me like it was nothing. Needless to say, he didn't pay for any more drinks that night (not that he drank much, maybe a couple beers) and I was lucky enough to get to shake his hand. Don't ever let an opportunity like that pass you by!

Quote Originally Posted by SGTBrentG View Post
    I have a similar story. About 6 months ago I was sitting at the American Legion and an elderly gentleman was sitting at the end of the bar. I was told that he was a WW2 Navy vet and witnessed the flag raising at Iwo Jima. I ceased all conversation with those around me and moved to sit beside this gentleman. He shared the story with me like it was nothing. Needless to say, he didn't pay for any more drinks that night (not that he drank much, maybe a couple beers) and I was lucky enough to get to shake his hand. Don't ever let an opportunity like that pass you by!
    Good story, and well said. Loudmouth guys like me never did anything, it's the guys who don't talk that you should wonder about. Give em all more respect them you except and you'll start off ok.

gotta love motto stories

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Good story, and well said. Loudmouth guys like me never did anything, it's the guys who don't talk that you should wonder about. Give em all more respect them you except and you'll start off ok.
    Loudmouths are ok with me. You did your part in the training out in Chesapeake. I used to come out there a lot when I was on CADRE duty on Little Creek. If we ever cross paths I'll buy you one, or two or three. Hopefully we won't loose count and have to start over.

Wow..this just turned into a goatrope.

1. Lance Criminal has been around for years. My old Sgt. Major use to us that all the time. Just like we had our own little underground , no disrespect it was just something we called each other or senior Marines called us.

2. Give the kid a fu*king break. He was in formation. You dont just jump out of formation to shake the hand of some old guy . Say thanks and carry the fuc* on.

3. How did this thread go from it being a cool story from a motivated kid to "we didnt have sapis in the old corps so Im hardcore" . Jesus ..

cool story kid.

God Forbid if some one brought up "LCpl Mafia"..

lol...oh yeah i forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    Wow..this just turned into a goatrope.

1. Lance Criminal has been around for years. My old Sgt. Major use to us that all the time. Just like we had our own little underground , no disrespect it was just something we called each other or senior Marines called us.

2. Give the kid a fu*king break. He was in formation. You dont just jump out of formation to shake the hand of some old guy . Say thanks and carry the fuc* on.

3. How did this thread go from it being a cool story from a motivated kid to "we didnt have sapis in the old corps so Im hardcore" . Jesus ..

cool story kid.

1) because if you haven't attained the rank/title you don't (in my opinion) rate making little nick names even if it's been around longer than you've been alive (devil dog, leatherneck, Lance coolie, Perfect For Cleaning). So that should help you understand that you need to be in the shoes before you can comment about how they feel.

2) I do believe you are correct, the recruiters are teaching them fundamentals of military training which includes discipline which I feel he showed by not jumping out even though he felt he should have. Semper Fi.

3) because this is a Marine site, and we like to bull sh!t about everything, so if it's not a topic, we create it on the spot because we can improvise like that... besides, I'm the one you are complaining about in #1 & 3... so now you can understand how it goes from a moto story, a rank nazi, people complaining about him not jumping out, to people talking about why people don't stay on topic.

and if you really do have a problem with what I say, then please PM me like the rest of this site in order to complain.

Outstanding ! Kill Babies and Rape puppies !

.... rape puppies..... you might be able to see some of that at zootube365.com.....

Thats horrible!........... Ill have to go check that out later.

Is that why my puppy's pregnant?

We're taking you to court, Sgt.

No it wasnt me...I pulled out.

Thread Information