Academic Promotion
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Academic Promotion

I am just feeling excited today because I just received an Academic Promotion to Private First Class. I know that this isn't that big of a deal but i wanted to tell someone who isn't going to say "HUH?" when I tell them what it means. I don't really know what this entails as far a Recruit Training, probably not much (lol) as I assume that as soon as I step on those yellow footprints i become the same as the rest. Whew...
    -Ben Potter

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Academic Promotion? Does that mean you have some college under your belt or is there some honor society thing at your high school that qualifies you for this promotion? If it is the latter, I am seriously missing out on something.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by poolee212 View Post
    I don't really know what this entails as far a Recruit Training, probably not much (lol) as I assume that as soon as I step on those yellow footprints i become the same as the rest. Whew...
    -Ben Potter
    The extra $250 a month and 3 months closer to L/Cpl doesn't hurt. You have to graduate first, but you knew that already lol. Other than that, you're the same as everyone else.
    But I don't really know what a "Academic Promotion" is either. I'm guessing it's college credits.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    Academic Promotion? Does that mean you have some college under your belt or is there some honor society thing at your high school that qualifies you for this promotion? If it is the latter, I am seriously missing out on something.
    Sorry yeah thats how that worked, I had a certain number of credits ( I think it was 15) that were above a 2.0. All those credits were in one semester. I.e. you cant just have 15 credits spread out over a few semesters. I am not aware of any academic promotion opportunitys that are available for highschool students besides the recruit referalls.

Hm, I was told you only had to have a total of 12 credits, and a GPA of 2.2+. Maybe it varies state to state?

Credits
    Savings
    I was told 15 at a 2.0 or better.

Congrats on the PFC. I'll get PFC because of the credits but I also recruited two others, working on my 3rd for my free dress blue. Too bad I can't get another promotion on top of the academics for my recruits.

Now I'm aiming for L/Cpl via Honor Grad as a PFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    I was told 15 at a 2.0 or better.

Congrats on the PFC. I'll get PFC because of the credits but I also recruited two others, working on my 3rd for my free dress blue. Too bad I can't get another promotion on top of the academics for my recruits.

Now I'm aiming for L/Cpl via Honor Grad as a PFC.
    You have to be company honor grad to get LCpl out of boot camp and that is the only new Marine that will recieve that rank.

You all need 12 credits to get PFC. You need 15 to enlist with a GED. You need 30 to report directly to Force Recon.

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    The extra $250 a month and 3 months closer to L/Cpl doesn't hurt. You have to graduate first, but you knew that already lol. Other than that, you're the same as everyone else.
    But I don't really know what a "Academic Promotion" is either. I'm guessing it's college credits.
    It's actually six months closer to LCpl, it may not sound like much, but when you get promoted before everyone else, you'll be glad you took that extra step!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You all need 12 credits to get PFC. You need 15 to enlist with a GED. You need 30 to report directly to Force Recon.
    I have 93 college credits. Can I get fries with my Force Recon scubba bubble?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamelink83 View Post
    I have 93 college credits. Can I get fries with my Force Recon scubba bubble?
    You should try and make it to 100. That's when they give you the Rambo patch and let you be Commandant.

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    You should try and make it to 100. That's when they give you the Rambo patch and let you be Commandant.
    No, I think to be eligible for Commandant you need to write a thesis on Killology. I heard with 100 credits you get a Rambo patch and cheeseburger happy meal. If you get to 120 credits and earn your BS, you get to try for bars and a big mac value meal.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamelink83 View Post
    No, I think to be eligible for Commandant you need to write a thesis on Killology. I heard with 100 credits you get a Rambo patch and cheeseburger happy meal. If you get to 120 credits and earn your BS, you get to try for bars and a big mac value meal.
    Back in my day, they gave you a toy with that happy meal. Is it still that way?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We are officially retarded....or VERY bored.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post

actually not always true, there are other ways as well, i have my GED and zero college credits. it just depends on the need and being patient

Thread Information