HBO Special "Taking Chance" - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here is the link to the HBO STORE which has the video already listed for sale with a Mid-May ship date.

http://store.hbo.com/product/index.j...entPage=family

Ellie

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter View Post
    Here is the link to the HBO STORE which has the video already listed for sale with a Mid-May ship date.

http://store.hbo.com/product/index.j...entPage=family

Ellie
    Good Stuff, Thank you for the info Ellie.
    Rocky

Thanks for the link to the HBO store. I have placed an order. Semper Fi.

I just got done wathching it (I recorded it) OUT %^&*ING STANDING!!!!!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I recorded the movie on Saturday, and watched it tonight. There are 7 different stages of grief, and I'm going through them all over again. Overwhelmed by viewing the Honor, Dignity, Respect and Reverence, given willingly, by those who helped along the voyage, tells me that our country is worth the gift, given by Chance Phelps. There was no real time, in Combat, to grieve for fallen Marines, and Corpsmen, who gave the ultimate sacrifice, for their Brothers, and Country. I see them all, in my dreams, and nightmares. I pray that families of those men, in Viet Nam, and Iraq, who gave all, know that our prayers, for their loved ones, will continue till we take our last breath.....SEMPER FIDELIS.....Doc Greek

Can't wait for this to come out on DVD so I can get a copy since I don't have HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    I recorded the movie on Saturday, and watched it tonight. There are 7 different stages of grief, and I'm going through them all over again. Overwhelmed by viewing the Honor, Dignity, Respect and Reverence, given willingly, by those who helped along the voyage, tells me that our country is worth the gift, given by Chance Phelps. There was no real time, in Combat, to grieve for fallen Marines, and Corpsmen, who gave the ultimate sacrifice, for their Brothers, and Country. I see them all, in my dreams, and nightmares. I pray that families of those men, in Viet Nam, and Iraq, who gave all, know that our prayers, for their loved ones, will continue till we take our last breath.....SEMPER FIDELIS.....Doc Greek
    I too had to record it and watch it later. Great view of what steps our services go through for our fallen. And you are absolutely right Doc.... there was no time. Welcome home Doc!!!!!!

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    It's on HBO as we read this now (12:27)!!!!!!

This is also, I feel, one of the many jobs that Marine Veterans can do in support of the American war efforts

I showed movie this to my father, a WWll, Korea and Nam vet last night. It was just as emotional for me watching his reaction as the movie itself. He was very proud of the way all services were depicted and feels every American should see this movie.

Credits
    Savings
    HBO Films: Taking Chance: Conversation With Bacon and Strobl

http://www.hbo.com/scripts/video/vid...233314+tunein=

Registered User Free Member hack4398's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    It is very ironic that Kevin Bacon had the lead in this movie. He is VERY anti-war, but I hav to give him credit...he put that aside and did a phenomenal job.

SEMPER Fi

Watched it last night, very moving, very well portrayed. God bless Chance Phelps and all of those who gave given their all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't have HBO - can one of you guys that recorded it send me a copy? PLEASE!?!?!?! And I will love you long time.

Great movie. Im not going to lie, from beggining to end, I was pretty much crying and emotional. The movie really moved me. I didnt know the movie was going affect me in that manner. At the end I had to get up and leave the room from my wife for a bit. but I think she understood. A very good movie.
    I think Kevin Baccon did an amazing job, also the writers and the producers. They didnt try to put their own little agenda or try to make it a pro-war or anti war movie. I can't recommend this movie enough .

Credits
    Savings
    Great movie, really moving at the end with the pictures of Chance growing up.

Thread Information