Fleet Marine!! Ooh rah! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guys, I have been around this site for over 2 years now, and I pride myself in being aware of details, especially in the profiles. I have seen everything from Marines with 16 years service that's a E-1, still in service! I have seen poolees with a recruiters phone number 1-234-567-8910. Then there are Marines (maybe) that don't even list thier name, they have an impressive profile, but no name ( I know several that I have no idea who they are other than thier username)! Oh and then there's the one that went to boot camp at the ripe old age of 13, went thru MCRDSD, is a female, and is a high ranking SNCO. The list goes on.....sometime when you guys have nothing better tio do check out some of them, it's funnier than Letterman or Leno!

The profiles for this site ask basic questions! There is nothing sensitive about any question, that I can see. Now if some of you People will show me one question that can cause you harm in any way, please feel free to do so, I just can't see any harmful questions! They don't ask for your Home address, Phone number, SSAN, credit card information, bank information of any kind, so where's the risk? Other than just wanting to be a prick, or just lazy, please explain why we tend to leave information off! Are we ashamed of being a Marine?

As my learned Marine brothers, and sisters, have said, we like to know who we are talking to here. If you can't provide a good complete profile, then what kind of Marine are you? For that matter what kind of Wannabee/Poolee do you want to be. After all, isn't omitted information kind of like a lie?

If OPSEC is possibly compromised, I understand. But this is a generic profile questionaire. This site doesn't sell information to other web sites or marketers, and we neglect the profile. Myspace and a few others do, and we put everything about us that they want to know on those sites.

Sorry for the novel, but profile is a touchy subject to me.....I just don't understand why people neglect it or cut it short. After all, it answers a lot of questions before you are even asked about it. Plus it's the site rules!

Semper fi, and check out your own profiles.......is it complete?

Dave

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    THANK-YOU, DAVE!!! I'll do my BEST, to keep my anger at "these people" in check, BUT.......NO GARENTEE!!!.....DOC

Thread Information