Is it easy to score a 50 on the asvab? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    no its not at all, you just have to get sleep and concentrate, i got a 69

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerOfJustice View Post
    I just wanted to chime in with what Dave said here. I'm a poolee, but that doesn't mean I can't help out.

There is an extremely motivated wannabe at my RSS who is physically fit, clean-cut, disciplined, good to go. He showed up to today's pool function wearing old USMC cammies, boots bloused. Unfortunately he has scored below 32 on his ASVAB twice, and that's the only thing holding him back.

After I took my ASVAB, I offered to help tutor any wannabes who needed the assistance, so my recruiter has now given me the task of helping this wannabe reach his goals. To have such an important responsibility while only a poolee myself is indicative of the way the Corps handles leadership.

If the test comes easily to you, take initiative and let your recruiter know you're able to help, I'm sure they'll use and appreciate that resource.
    Thank you for tutoring, that's a real example of initiative on your part. A lot of people just have trouble with test, it don't mean they are stupid, just can't do well on test. After all Albert Einstien (spelling) was sent home in the third grade. Teacher said he was a "slow learner"! Never judge a book by it's cover!

Keep up the good work, maybe it will spread to other test genious poolees to help the others, after all we have to cover each others 6, now don't we?

Ooo-Rah

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    Dude you'll be surprised. When I went to MEPS, one guy had taken it three times in High School and got as low as a 7. Luckily he got a 31 his last time.
    I've been at my recruiting station and heard what prospective poolees have got on the practice test. It's horrible. A new recruiter who just got assigned here two weeks ago started to get ****ed because everyone that comes to him always bombs the practice test. They get like 9s and 10s. So he can't put them in the DEP with those scores. He said it was like the 10th one in a row.

I mean I can see how it can be hard for some people, but the ASVAB is a lot of book smart knowledge. In my experience (almost none) common sense, which A LOT of people seem to lack, is way more valuable then knowing the derivative a line tangent to the vertex of the circle.
    Interesting. It just seems really odd that you could go through all the necessary classes to obtain a business degree and bachelor's and then fail the ASVAB which is basically a 10th grade test covering any extremely basic subjects.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post
    Interesting. It just seems really odd that you could go through all the necessary classes to obtain a business degree and bachelor's and then fail the ASVAB which is basically a 10th grade test covering any extremely basic subjects.

WHAT PART OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Dave

Apparently the part where I can't have an opinion, Corporal.

Noted.

Credits
    Savings
    You little clown. He just said you need to stop questioning shi t and help each other out. Now that you mention it, however, I think you should try the no opinion thing...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Apparently the part where I can't have an opinion, Corporal.

Noted.
    Dumbass Opinions around here are like azzholes, and until you are a Marine, yours stinks worse than anyones!

I will entertain an apology, before this gets out of hand!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Accepted.....now carry on.

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know about you, but in 10th grade, there was no way that I could have looked at an electronic schematic diagram and have known what all the little symbols meant. There might be some 10th graders who know what they are, but I highly doubt most 10th graders. Heck, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who graduate high school don't know what those symbols are.

I do specifically remember a portion of the test where it showed a picture of a symbol and it asked what the symbol was, or the other way around. I couldn't even take physics until 12th grade, which is where I learned those electronic symbols, because I didn't take algeba 2 until 11th grade.

Also, in my one year of college I became dumber. I relied on my calculator for EVERYTHING that had anything to do with math. Hell, I even did stupid things like 57-13 on there. If I actually remembered how to do long division I would have scored way higher than what I got.

Thread Information