Bah
Create Post

Thread: Bah

Bah

My husband is in SOI right now and he is about to graduate from there. i was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for my daughter and myself to move to where he gets stationed. and how BAH really works.
    thank you

If you've been married since he shipped to bootcamp, and the proper authorities were informed, he's already been receiving BAH.

It's deposited to his acct. based on whatever zip code he has on file (right now it will be his home of record zip code). If he lives in military housing once he gets to his first duty station the BAH will go directly toward housing.

Right, you should have your BAH going at least by his first pay day out of recruit training.

If you move to his duty station, make sure his admin knows your there so they can readjust everything. I had a Marine once, stuck as geo-bachelor even though he and his wife lived in Carlsbad. Well, for a couple of months.

So the moral is, make sure he stays on top of his pay issues. But, once every thing is up an running it's pretty smooth.

Now, if you sign up for base housing, you go on a waiting list and it's first come first served so you still may have to live out in town for a while.

My last suggestion is, when he goes to his base indoc, there should be a special program for Marines with family. Make sure you get to go and learn everything that is available to you. Because there really is a lot these days.

His BAH should have been running the entire time he was in boot camp (if he was married during that time) based on his home of record zip code. If he was married and didn't receive BAH during boot camp/soi then the Marine Corps owes him a few thousand bucks.

Thread Information