Gwote
Create Post

Thread: Gwote

Gwote

3. GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM EXPEDITIONARY MEDAL (GWOTEM). THE FOLLOWING UNITS HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THE GWOTEM BY U.S. MARINE CORPS FORCES, CENTRAL COMMAND FOR THE PERIOD FROM 13 JUNE TO 23 SEPTEMBER 2008:

15TH MARINE EXPEDITIONARY UNIT
    15 MEU COMMAND ELEMENT
    DET, 9TH COM BN
    DET, 1ST INT BN
    DET, 1ST RADIO BN
    BATTALION LANDING TEAM 2/5
    1ST PLT, A CO, 1ST LAR BN, 1ST MARDIV
    2ND PLT, A CO, 1ST RECON BN, 1ST MARDIV
    3RD PLT, E CO, 3D AA BN, 1ST MARDIV
    3RD PLT, A CO, 1ST COMBAT ENGR BN, 1ST MARDIV 1ST PLT, D CO, 1ST TANK BN, 1ST MARDIV I CO, 3RD BN, 12TH MAR REG MARINE MEDIUM HELICOPTER SQUADRON 165 DET, HMLA-267, 3D MAW DET, HMH-465, 3D MAW DET, VMA-311, 3D MAW DET, MALS-13, 3D MAW DET, MALS-16, 3D MAW DET, MALS 39, 3D MAW DET, MACG-38, 3D MAW COMBAT LOGISTICS BATTALION 15
    Just curious about this. I was in one of these units during the specified time frame.
    However. GWOTE is for deployed units, but it never specifies that.

Just curious if I am going to get this or not. I could care less, but it was on my mind.

I believe you have to be deployed for a period of 30 or more days, consecutively to rate it. Is that the ENTIRE order?

Found it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    To be awarded the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, a military service member must perform duty in a deployed status and must participate in designated anti-terrorism operation for a period of either 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days of duty. For those who were engaged in combat, killed, or wounded in the line of the duty the time requirement is waived.
    The term "deployed status" indicates either temporary or permanent orders to a duty station outside the borders of the United States of America with such duty being in direct support of anti-terrorism operations. For a service member to receive the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the deployment must also have taken place in a nation which is currently recognized as a base for anti-terrorism operations by the United States Department of Defense.
    More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...itionary_Medal

On that link you can find a complete list of countries you must deploy to for the above mentioned time frame to rate a GWOTEM.

Yeah I didnt think so.
    Normally, the way my unit, MALS-13 works, is we detach to other units.
    In the past I saw the awards come up as "MALS-13 attched to ....." so thats why I was curious.

Didnt deploy, so dont deserve it. So I was just curious

Thread Information