"Attitude"
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Attitude"

Cool "Attitude"

...........Attitude..........

Unknown Authour.....

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact on life....
    Attitude, to me, is more important than facts...
    It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say, or do...
    It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill..
    It will make or break a company, a church, a home....
    The remarkable thing is we have a choice..everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day...

We cannot change our past..
    We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way....
    We cannot inevitable...
    The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...
    I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...
    We change our attitudes.....

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member kubba's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Roger do you live in a library?
    I am amazed at all these tid bits you find.
    Semper FI
    Stan

Cool JUST HAVE A GOOD SECRETARY.............LOL

Stan, you can thank my wife for finding all these tid bits...........She has her resources(and won't even let me know where they are.....LOL).

Sempers,

Roger

Cool Learn From Mistakes

Learn From Mistakes

Unknown Author

Thomas Edison tried two thousand different materials in search of
    a filament for the lightbulb....
    When none worked satisfactorily, his assistant complained, "All our work is in vain..We learned nothing"......

Edison replied confidently, "Oh we came a long way and we learned a lot....
    We now know that there are two thousand elements which we cannot use to make a lightbulb".......

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member kubba's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

thank you

Roger please thank your wife for me. I do enjoy them very much and her efforts are greatly appreciated.
    Semper FI
    Stan

Cool Optimist

Optimist

Unknown Author

There is a story of identical twins. One was a hope-filled optimist. "Everything is coming up roses!" he would say. The other twin was a sad and hopeless pessimist. He thought that Murphy, as in Murphy's Law, was an optimist. The worried parents of the boys brought them to the local psychologist.

He suggested to the parents a plan to balance the twins" personalities. "On their next birthday, put them in separate rooms to open their gifts. Give the pessimist the best toys you can afford, and give the optimist a box of manure." The parents followed these instructions and carefully observed the results.

When they peeked in on the pessimist, they heard him audibly complaining, "I don't like the color of this computer . . I'll bet this calculator will break . . . I don't like the game . . . I know someone who's got a bigger toy car than this . . ."

Tiptoeing across the corridor, the parents peeked in and saw their little optimist gleefully throwing the manure up in the air. He was giggling. "You can't fool me! Where there's this much manure, there's gotta be a pony!"

Sempers,

Roger

Cool How Poor We Are

How Poor We Are

Author Unknown

One day a father and his rich family took his son to a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show him how poor people can be.

They spent a day and a night in the farm of a very poor family. When they got back from their trip the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

"Very good Dad!" "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked.

"Yeah!"

"And what did you learn?"

The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden, they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden, they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard, they have a whole horizon." When the little boy was finishing, his father was speechless.

His son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are!"

Sempers,

Roger

Dang Roger, the next thing you know we'll all be counting our blessings with posts like that.
    I like to grumble a bit. LOL

Cool Shake It Off and Step Up

Shake It Off and Step Up

Unknown Author......

A parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer's well. The farmer heard the mule 'braying' - or - whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together and told them what had happened and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.

Initially, the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back, a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back: he should shake it off and step up! This he did, blow after blow.

"Shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up!" he repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or distressing the situation seemed the old mule fought "panic" and just kept right on shaking it off and stepping up!

You're right! It wasn't long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him, actually blessed him. All because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.

Sempers,

Roger

The difference between the eternal optimist & the common pessimist? The pessimist is usually better informed.
    53 yr old Marine from San Angelo Texas

That's the point I'm always trying to make!!! LMAO

Well said, greybeard!

What if we're wrong? Of course we are wrong, nobody can be right all the time! LMAO

Unpolished Diamonds

by : Unknown Author.......

How a person reacts to criticism often means the difference between success and failure. Take the case of Ole Bull, the famous Norwegian violinist of the past century.

His practical father, a chemist, sent him to the University of Christiania to study for the ministry and forbade him to play his beloved violin. He promptly flunked out and, defying his father, devoted all his time and energy to the violin. Unfortunately, though he had great ability, his teachers were relatively unskilled, so that by the time he was ready to start his concert tour he wasn't prepared.

In Italy a Milan newspaper critic wrote: "He is an untrained musician. If he be a diamond, he is certainly in the rough and unpolished."

The Window

by : Unknown Author.......

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the outside world.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should he have all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything?

It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window --- and that thought now controlled his life.

Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly lit room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help. Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence-deathly silence.

The following morning the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away-no works, no fuss.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed...........

It faced a blank wall.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I take it that in this case..."greed" was the moral of the story...? Or maybe selfishness??

Really makes you think...

i think it was a little bit of jealousy. he thought that he deserved to look out the window not the other guy. THe other guy was a great person because he told the guy of all the great things he could "see" even though they weren't there. when the guy got to see and he noticed it was just a blank wall, he completely lost everything.he lost the view that he thought he had because he wanted to see it for himself, but mostly he lost a good friend.

Thread Information