IRR Military Reserve ID Card - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No commissary or exchange privileges, unless you are drilling or on mob orders.

Not to try and say you're wrong MsGySgt but they just told is in the IRR muster I went to this morning that we would still be allowed to use the Commissary and Exchange with the IRR ID.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStans View Post
    Not to try and say you're wrong MsGySgt but they just told is in the IRR muster I went to this morning that we would still be allowed to use the Commissary and Exchange with the IRR ID.
    I'll check Monday morning to be sure. Since the commissaries and exchanges have lost so much business, you might be right. When I retired in '05, you had be drilling, ATD, or mobilized. I don't want to pass any bad gouge.

What is an IRR muster anyway?

Ahh gotcha. Yeah they are probably allowing it now due to the economy. I mainly want to get mine, if they don't try to make me shave, so that I can use the gym out here on Dobbins AFB. I don't have the money to blow on a gym membership if I can use that one for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStans View Post
    Ahh gotcha. Yeah they are probably allowing it now due to the economy. I mainly want to get mine, if they don't try to make me shave, so that I can use the gym out here on Dobbins AFB. I don't have the money to blow on a gym membership if I can use that one for free.
    Master Gunnys are never wrong...just mistaken. (;

Touche Master Guns.

Marines can buy item cheaper in town than any commissary, PX, or PX gas station I have been to. Did not used to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Marines can buy item cheaper in town than any commissary, PX, or PX gas station I have been to. Did not used to be that way.
    The gas part is true but I have found some stuff that is cheaper in the PX. Mainly beer...lol. It was $14 for a 30 pack of Keystone Light back in Lejeune. Where as out in town that would run you upwards of $20.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS View Post
    I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks? I thought they said in TAPS that we were no longer authorized a Military ID and lose base privileges?
    They said that but your not out yet, got to do your 8 yrs. Its the same deal just doesn't say active on it.

Is there any way to get a copy of my original military ID card? From 1967

Thread Information