Poolee functions??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shnon89 View Post
    well if its just one mile I can do that no problem maybe i can shave some time off before I even sign.
    There you go just keep working on it! I found some mp3 marine cadences online, and they definetly help push that motivation when ur body wants to give up..I just keep running til im at puke point..then i run some more.

where did you get them...ive been looking for some for awhile. Found some on youtube but dont know if I can transfer them or something.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    shnon... I downloaded some off of limewire.

Credits
    Savings
    i got a CD of cadences off of rangerjoe.com

You dont need limewire they can be found online with the correct "keyword" searches legally and free lol..Pm me and I will be happy to forward the links were I downloaded mine..or send me an Email and I will attach some mp3's.

Credits
    Savings
    Are you implying that I'm not a law abiding citizen? haha

By no means maam ! Im just saying its easier found and downloaded, no having to wait for a Peer to dowload or share the file, It can be found on sharesites that have instant downloads.

Credits
    Savings
    well I'm not computer literate enough to figure that stuff out lol

If you need the links just PM me and ill be happy to send you the links to the Cadence MP3's..just click the links and you can listen to it on the site, if you like it just hit download and save..if you dont move on to the next mp3..

Credits
    Savings
    why not just post link in the forum?

Because the sites they are hosted on prohibit Hotlinks and have a low bandwidth..So id rather it not come up in a google search. I posted sites before and unfortunately the page where it was hosted was taken down...

but hey ill just finish the downloading what I need and make it public on the forum in a new post in a couple mins...if it goes down ill try to host the Mp3 Files elsewhere..

Last edited by Gnetics; 02-17-09 at 04:35 PM. Reason: add words

The Poolee functions I go to are once a month and they consist of a lot of different things. Like one time we ran the CFT then went to the gun range afterwards. Sometimes its just drill. A couple times its been straight PT while we're thrown on the Quarterdeck and sand pit. Or we do Marine Corps history. Whatever we do though there is ALWAYS PT involved, formal or informal.

I read 1.5 run @ 14.33 and 13.30. Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lthunder View Post
    I read 1.5 run @ 14.33 and 13.30. Which one is it?
    Sorry if it caused any confusion, My personal current run time on the 1.5mi is 14.33 (not working out or running for over 1 year, and my first run) , the min. Marine Corps. IST requirement for males is 13.30..

The last poolee function I attended was GREAT!!! We ran the IST and then did a lot of PT. They had us doing a SLEW of exercises that I had never even heard of. The hardest part for a lot of people would be the runs. All the Marines who were overseeing us would run around the track yelling at slackers. I pulled a 10:30 out of my azz! We absolutely felt the workout the next day. These functions are awesome and I wish I got to see some more before actually leaving to PI. It's a reality check to some people who can't do the basics that boot camp is going to destroy them.

Oh, if any of you poolees have advice for me on crunches I would greatly appreciate it. I find myself going WAAAYYY too fast and not being able to do one by the last 30 seconds. I'm currently at about 75-80 crunches in the two minutes. Could it be that my body is too close to my knees or am I just going way too fast? I literally go full speed and run out of breath when there are 30 seconds left!

Thread Information