Why I Listen.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I Listen.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Why I Listen.

Forty years is a long way back. Today....NOW...I'm still listening to 60's MOTOWN. Those songs connect me with the POSITIVE experiences, of my Tour, with The Marines. WHY?? If you were there....you'd know!!.....NEVER FORGET!!!.....DOC

Doc, I don't care to listen to anything except mo-town, the Golden oldies. Todays music, you can not understand half of the songs, the rap is just that,rap. Swing from tree to tree babling something unintelligable is not music. I enjoy operas more than rap. All you rapers, send your money to me, I spend it right on good music. I remember the Pilots would cut the music off in the back going into a hot zones, and leave theres on. I got smart and hot wired my radios so they could not switch it off. They never new it. LMFAO.!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Forty years is a long way back. Today....NOW...I'm still listening to 60's MOTOWN. Those songs connect me with the POSITIVE experiences, of my Tour, with The Marines. WHY?? If you were there....you'd know!!.....NEVER FORGET!!!.....DOC
    Ah MOTOWN.......that's a flash from the past! "Tracks of my tears" was very popular during my stay over there, I think we all knew all the words to it.....hell AFVN played it every 15 minutes for 3 months though! LMAO.

Lets see now there was three groups, if I remember correctly, the "REDNECKS, THE DRUGIES, AND THE BROTHERS" I believe that about covered it. But when the crap hit the fan, you could always know that the gangs were not there, only Marines doing what they do best, covering each others 6!

Interesting enough, when I visited the WALL, I remembered all the good times when I saw the 14 names of the Marines I knew personally, but only one bad thing about each of them. They did thier job and paid the ultimate price,but dam.....we had some fun doing it to!

Thanks for the memories Doc!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Unhappy Cherakee

Just recived word that my blood brother and Marine Cherakee Dougntery died last Saterday. He was a true Marine and everything the Marines stand for.

Sorry to hear that Marine, God Bless.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Why I Listen

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Good one Doc, Thanks for the memories
    When in Nam we played Rolling at lot don't remember the whole name of it . It goes something like Rolling Rolling on the River
    My memory goes and comes mostley goes when I try to remember something My wife usually fills in the blanks but she's in bed.
    I can say You know What's his ass and she fills in the blank.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    BUDDY....I think it's important to treasure our GOOD memories. Forty years, is a long dam time ago, BUT....my memories are as real as if I was there...NOW. While I'm writing this post, I'm listening to Peter, Paul, and Mary, "The Very Best of PP&M". Crying, like a baby, for the men lost, and wounded....GOD, look after them....PLEASE!.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree Doc
    I don't let myself go down that road very often but I never forget our fallen Marines and what they gave for there country.
    I'm praying for you and your the BEST
    Had my Father and Mother in law over for supper tonight and I was telling them about the Marine Friends on this site. I don't know what I ever did without all of my new friends. I look forward to talking to all of you and hopefully meeting you someday. I told my wife when I die to be sure and let you guys know, all of you have made my life complete. Opps here I go being REMORSE on all of you. Sorry REMORSE its easy to blame you for showing emotions. But all of you are the BEST (No ****)
    Semper Fi Redman1

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's 00:20, here in Fla., and I'm listening to the TEMP'S singing, "Just My Imagination". We missed so much of normal life, every time I listen to MOTOWN, it makes my cry for the lost young men, of OUR generation.....MY..."Pappa WAS a Rolling Stone"...and I'm NO different......Very sad DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Being a Rolling Stone might have been bad but we need Rolling Stones. What would the world be without us SOB that are different. My sister you to say that I was "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" .That's one reason they make Marines so we have an excuse for the way we act. Although the older I get the softer I get but my wife says I ***** about everything. It funny though she says I ***** about everything but when they made the thread about *****ing about something I didn't have anything to ***** about. Palinblood said I guess I'm going to have to have a bad dad so I can say something on here. I try to make the best of everyday these days.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Talking

sh*t I still remember those old song from the drive in days to boot camp and camp lejeune going to j-town and bars and other places to drink and listen to music. Damn those were the days my friends...Semper Fi Doc Damn good one

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Motovation!!!

Yes...today's Corps is different from the 60's. New, "intellegent" equipment, and "new" methods of training. Much more accurate weaponry, and ability to fight at night. It was RARE, to land a Med-E Huey, or 46, at night, while defending a hot LZ, at night. My Company, always took Defensive positions, at night, with LP's, OP's, and an SNCO, going on "rounds", to reassure, and motovate the troops. Sometimes...the GSGT, would drag my ass with him, to make sure the Grunts emotional, and physical health, was "supported". I HATED doing that SH!T....in the rain!!! BUT.....showing that "WE" cared about the MEN, made a BIG difference!!.....AND....YES, I miss it!......DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You bet I miss it too. I look at the gear that they use now and what they wear and realize how different it was back then when we just had a flight jacket and a Boonie hat. Can't get over the cell phones, and communication gear the have now with the head Mic's. Remember the big radios our radio man had to carry.(He looked like a pack horse). I guess we look different to WWII Marines also. We carried those light M-16 and they carried the heavy M-1. Times do change and I miss them but I'm glad I was there and I would go back again.
    I have a hard time putting into words what I think and saying what I mean sometimes but I try to let you know how I feel. These threads sure do help me get out thoughts that I have carried for years and never let anyone know what was in my mind.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    BUDDY....I kept my dam mouth shut, in every job I worked, for nearly 40 years. My anger built up inside of me, and NOW....if someone FVCKS with me, I'm on them....like stink on sh!t!!! If people don't like what I say, or do....they can go FVCK themselves!!! I have EARNED the RIGHT to it!! SO HAVE EVERY ONE OF YOU NUMBNUTS!!!!! ALL of you have my COMPLETE SUPPORT.....NO MATTER WHAT!!! BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!.......DOC

Talking

i remember this group

dance and drank to them at the e-club and had a good time doing it

Thread Information