Update on JennyJake
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Update on JennyJake

Ok, everyone, I have some bad news and some good news about JennyJake...

Her platoon graduated last Friday, but, unfortunately, she was not among the ranks. About three weeks ago, she broke her ankle during the fast rope portion of rapelling. She had to get surgery and now has two pins in her ankle. Since she could not complete the rest of boot camp and needs considerable rehab, she was unable to stay in MRP and recover. That's the bad news.

The good news is that she is still as motivated as ever. She will be allowed to go back in six months to start over. She was given the choice to either stay in RSP (Recruit Separation Platoon) for six months and rehab there, or go home. She chose to go home. Even if she did chose to stay in RSP, she would still have had to start over, so she decided going home would be more beneficial to her.

She will be in the RSP for about two or three more weeks, and she is itching for some reading material, so if you feel so inclined, please drop her a letter, card or quick note, she will REALLY appreciate it (and so will I):

PEB Jakubowski
    PRC (FRSP)
    Box 15410
    MCRD PISC, 29905

If she were here right now, she would tell all of us poolees to stay motivated... so do it!

Sorry to hear that, but it happens.

Tell her to keep the faith and get back in the game as soon as she can.

Sorry to hear about your little setback......

Stay Focus...

Motivation is the Key Word Here.......

After some R and R.....You will get back on the right track....and accomplish your goals......

Keep the Faith......We are Here For You....

The Drifter

She'll be back there! JennyJake has in it her to be one of The Few.

(Here that, Jenny, we're rootin' for ya! Six months and you'll be back on that godforsaken Island!)

Smile

If I can ever GET OFF THE ISLAND FIRST!!! Seems I was wrong about the whole 3 weeks thing. I'm in a PEB (Physical Evaluation Board) platoon that is in conjuction with RSP. So my board may take MONTHS, if I can even get it out, which doesn't look like that will happen for a couple of weeks. If I get out of here by September, they are telling me that is GOOD.

But hey, I'm healing till then, and enjoying what I can. RSP is the most demotivating place to be, but I'll try to make the best of it.

Thanks for the support!! PEBers get weekend liberty, so I'll be on about once a week to keep ya'll updated.

Lata!

DO what the docs tell ya Jenny. DON'T listen to 'em when they tell ya can't do somethin' anymore. Prove them wrong! I busted my ankle all to hell when I was in and they were telin' me all the things I wouldn't be able to do anymore. Three months later I was playin' volley ball and back at work, four months after I busted it I was back on the o course. six months after I busted it I was runnin' a first class PFT again.

Another Marine I knew was run over by a semi. He was told he would never walk without crutches again. Nine months later he ran a third class PFT. Three months after that he ran a second class PFT. Hard tellin' how well he woulda done in the Corps if that serial killer hadn't got him....

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Serial killer? How sad!

Yeah Jenny! I am so glad you're doing well despite the fact that you may 'serve' most of your six months on the Island.

Jenny! Best of luck to you, Just work it out and never give up! You're making this Poolee very proud and all the more motivated. You'll be back in the fight in NO TIME!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Jenny,

Accept responsibility for your own recovery. Doctors and nurses, and those nice physcial therapists are all nice and all, plus they provide valuable advice and services, but like Bones said, prove everybody wrong. Push yourself, find ways that will enhance and improve your healing and make the injured part stronger than before. I'm speaking from personal experience, not hair brain, open winded, opinion.

You are a part of the Marine Corps, you are in the Marine Corps, that means you can do anything at anytime under any condition to meet any cause. PLUS, you're becoming a Woman Marine. We're the one's who keep those male Marines on their toes!

semper fi,
    jchristin

You can keep me on my toes anytime you want to, JC!

Thread Information