MOS Deployment
Create Post

Thread: MOS Deployment

Question MOS Deployment

What MOS's dont have a high deployment rate???

People join the Marines with the expectation of going to war. Those who do not want to go to war should not join the Marines.

Why? looking to avoid deployment?

No. I posted about being 24, Married and have a 15 month old daughter and joining. The MOS question was reffered to me by a Marine on this site. Not trying to offend anyone.

I believe all mos's have the opportunity to deploy. It depends more on the unit you are with, not the actual mos. If you don't want to deploy, I would suggest you stay away from infantry, intel, comm, and motor t. I would suggest food services, tmo, admin, or corrections if you want to avoid deployment. But like I said, all mos's are likely to deploy.

Thanks Marine.

You're going to deploy no matter what MOS you have when you first get in, UNLESS you are at a non-deployable unit.

Stay away from Intel. We have the highest rate of deployment in the Marine Corps since 2002.

Recruiters.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemorales816 View Post
    What MOS's dont have a high deployment rate???

Quote Originally Posted by richerich View Post
    Recruiters.
    Pretty lame response there.

Maybe he'll get recruiting MOS in his contract.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Maybe he'll get recruiting MOS in his contract.
    That would be GREAT!

I got on a bird in Sahl Sinjar Iraq.

I am supply, I met a buddy of mine from High School that I didn't even know was in the Marine Corps who was in.....Financial Management? Basically disbursing.

He's got a 12 month pump in like the crappiest base in Iraq.

It doesn't matter what your MOS is. So suck it up or join the air force. Same pay and benefits, and you're already married so you don't need the poon....

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Reality Check.

Everyone already said it but I can't help it. If you don't want to deploy, seek employment elsewhere. Yeah deployments can suck but it is what we do. Marines all have jobs to do and as long as they are doing them I do not think better of myself just because my orders said go and theirs said stay...

HOWEVER, any Marine who wants to claim my title and actively seeks to avoid carrying his (or her!) share of the burden would do well to steer clear of me. I know you say you didn't mean any offense and I'll take your word on that, but you've got to readjust your view of our Corps. I don't care if you're 80 years old with three wives and 20 kids-we all have a critical job to carry out.

Besides, sounds like jobs are closing up and I would hope those willing to freely and willingly offer their lives, safety, and family life to the needs of the Corps would get one of these coveted spots long before any slacker was given a shot.

Don't take this negatively and don't bother arguing. I hope you figure out what works for you and I sincerely offer you the best of luck in whatever you pursue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    HOWEVER, any Marine who wants to claim my title and actively seeks to avoid carrying his (or her!) share of the burden would do well to steer clear of me.
    AMEN! Me too!

There is just as much Honor in staying at home with your wife and child and being the MAN you're supposed to be by them. Don't join the Corps just for the benefits because YOU will have to repay the debt with tears and sweat and, maybe, a little blood. If you are NOT willing to sacrifice your family when the time comes for YOU to work off a little of that debt, DON'T JOIN MY MARINE CORPS!

Thread Information