I'm a 24 yo. Male, Married with a 1 yo. daughter. Should I join? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for your time and input Marines. Hopefully I end up making the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post
    Being a Marine is a calling and often a great sacrifice. Most of us didn't ever ask the question you're asking. And if you have to ask, I don't think you believe in it strong enough to leave your 1yr old.

This is about as bottom line as you will get from any Marine on here or anywhere!! When you are active duty and going to foreign lands to fight or do whatever....its not just you that sacrifices....your wife and kids and family all sacrifice the loss of your presence and attention in their lives without you. They have to remember what memories you give them while you are with them and hang on to them while you're gone serving the Marine Corps. Have no shadow of doubt....if you join with a family....the Marine Corps will come first and you will answer to them first...the family will come second and wait for yo to get back from you're assignment.

For most of us, we don't ask what we have to give up and try and decide if its worth it or not. We just do it because we feel our beloved Corps is where we belong....and we are not wrong in this decision. We do what has to be done to get where we want to be....thats part of the Marine Corps attitude. If this decision weighs heavy on your judgement from civilian to the Marine Corps lifestyle....and thats what it is....a lifestyle....maybe you should rethink your decision....real hard.

Go to this site and learn most anything about any enlisted MOS in the Marine Corps.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...marinejobs.htm

Final post on the subject

Quote from Rod Powers, About. com

If you like shooting (a lot), and want a complete change of lifestyle, to include a deeply ingrained pride of service, commitment, and sense of loyalty, the Marine Corps may be just what you're looking for. This may be a minor point, but it is very telling: When you ask an airman what he does, he will respond, "I'm in the Air Force." When you ask a sailor what she does, she'll respond, "I'm in the Navy." If you ask a Marine what he does, he'll say "I am a Marine."

Thanks for all of the feedback and advice Marines.

Enlist

Does a Devel Dog sh-- in the woods! Sign-Up and Have the time of you're life!

Thread Information