Gaining Wieght/Muscle Mass
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Gaining Wieght/Muscle Mass

i'm a fairly small person for my age about 110 and 5 foot and i need help gaining wieght but i don't want to take any of that chocolate stuff that you buy in minrel(?) stores that you mix with your drink and stuff, i would greatly appreciate(?) your help. thank you.

Protein shakes are very good and i love using them while i lift, it does help you improve a bit faster but thats just my opinion.

if you want to gain weight, go to a vitamin shop and buy some protein powder or weight gainer. If the chocolate stuff your talking about is protein powder, and you dont want to use it just eat tons of protein and carbs and lift hard. Make sure you get the protein after you work out to rebuild your muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    i'm a fairly small person for my age about 110 and 5 foot and i need help gaining wieght but i don't want to take any of that chocolate stuff that you buy in minrel(?) stores that you mix with your drink and stuff, i would greatly appreciate(?) your help. thank you.
    Change of diet is the only alternative if you don't want to take supplements.

Lean meats, turkey, chicken, or fish.
    Nuts, peanuts in particular.
    Flaxseed.
    Avocados.

200 grams of protein or so a day.

Credits
    Savings
    ok, thanks for all of your input

Credits
    Savings
    At your age I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. I ate like a horse, but I burned it all and then some too. I went to Boot at 145lbs and left at 145lbs.

Keep eating very healthy, and work on building your muscle mass. Muscle is dense = heavy. You need your cardio PT, but in order to bulk up, you'll need to only do cardio 3 days a week and work the weights 4 days a week. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance - WITHIN YOUR LIMITS and BUILD UP GRADUALLY. Also, you don't need a gym to do Push-Ups, lunges, or crunches. For the weight training days, keep your pace slower. Take your time and make your technique perfect.

Don't expect overnight results. It takes weeks, months, years - a true work in progress.

Good luck!
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    At your age I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. I ate like a horse, but I burned it all and then some too. I went to Boot at 145lbs and left at 145lbs.

Keep eating very healthy, and work on building your muscle mass. Muscle is dense = heavy. You need your cardio PT, but in order to bulk up, you'll need to only do cardio 3 days a week and work the weights 4 days a week. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance - WITHIN YOUR LIMITS and BUILD UP GRADUALLY. Also, you don't need a gym to do Push-Ups, lunges, or crunches. For the weight training days, keep your pace slower. Take your time and make your technique perfect.

Don't expect overnight results. It takes weeks, months, years - a true work in progress.

Good luck!
    C
    Send that poolee some chili, Chumley. That'll get him growin real quick

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Do you think I should get Chumley's Chili into the MRE menu???

Credits
    Savings

Good luck!
    C
    i'll get right on that

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    i'll get right on that
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Don't really want to know what that is....

Do you think I should get Chumley's Chili into the MRE menu???
    Could be dangerous. You don't want Marines on the front falling out due to a food coma. We should save it for the Warrior's Breakfast and for hot chow after patrols.

As for you poolees, you guys should concentrate on enunciating "Marine Corps!!!" with a mouth guard in your suck.

Louder, faster!!!

Louder, faster, Aye sir!!!

Good luck!
    C
    Like he said, its terribly hard to gain weight for some people. I know it has been for me. I remember trying to gain weight for two months about two years ago, and the results were a loss of five pounds.

Im now nearly six foot tall, and about a a month and a half to two months ago I was 128 pounds... So I started trying to gain weight again. Ive been eating lots and lots of carbs, and drinking two to three protein drinks a day, and lifting weights pretty much constantly. Not following any sort of specific diet, like I probably should be, just eating as much as I can and lifting a bunch. Im now 155lbs, but still pretty much a stick, so Im still trying to gain some more. Theres probably better, more strict diets, that might have better results... But stuffing my face and drinking those protein drinks seem to be working for me. Good luck.

. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance
    C
    for the bench (shoulders,chest,triceps)I've found reps at 6X (3 sets, spaced 5 min. apart) help me greatly....but if you go heavier for this (which is the point) wear a belt, wrist wrapped gloves help, and get spotted....this will make you a stronger person.

There's a drink mix called MASS XXX at GNC or any other supplement store. Its not the chocolaty stuff you don't like and it really works. A good buddy of mine was about your size and in a matter of a few weeks he got pretty bulked up. Just a suggestion.

Thread Information